funny stuff from ruins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dictatress wrote:
    Guess what I found in ruins once? Communism! Shows what happens to those who enact it! They end up in ruins!
    The enactment of democracy is what is killing former commies
    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

I've often wondered, is communism in these games supposed to be pure communism (aka marxism) or communism as it turned out (aka Marxism-Leninism)?

Comment

This thread brings to mind an extremely lucky story with ruins. Back then I was a Warlord or a Prince, but I doubt if this was because of the level. I have never again seen anything like it.
        I played with 7 opponents, but I still had a large continent to myself. It had many ruins, and all of them were turning out to be either settlers or cities! I mean ALL of them! So rather early in the Ancient Age, I had about 15 cities all over the continent! I never got any farther because I checked the power graph. All my opponents were at the very bottom, and I was soaring. That was getting too easy, so I quit. But what an amazing experience!
        Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

In a PBEM my ally, Faded Glory, and I found seperate ruins the same continent. He found sattalites and I found television.
          We just chalked it up to being the lost civilization of Atlantis
          So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Originally posted by Dictatress
            Ah well, even if this thread is a bit old, I still want to post a reply. Guess what I found in ruins once? Communism! Shows what happens to those who enact it! They end up in ruins!
            Oh, and another VERY strange object I found in ruins: a fascist! I have never enacted fascism for moral reasons and thought I'd never get to see that unit. But here it was! So for a while there was a fascist without a fascist government. Life is full of surprises, isn't it?
            I usually go Theoc, communism and then Corporate Republic, unless I just find Fascism and am knee deep in a war, but Communism is great if you have a big civ, place a few cities on capitalization for funding and build the mess outta production facilities, then launch a war, artillery and Marines or Machine gunners!

Have agreat time playing this gaming addiction of all consuming time!

Yours in Civin

Troll-Meister!
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Neural Interface was about the silliest tech I found in a 'barbarian' hut.

Rich
              "You no take Candle!"
              - a unnamed Kobold.

Comment

Working...
              X