Forever Future mod: first PBEM game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Indeed these are Raging Hordes.
    For the first time I'm seeing so many ninja barbs popping from half of ruins I visit

Comment

How to cook for forty four humans and make another forty turns without those barbarians cooking YOU!
      Sorry if I don't make any sense, but they're coming at me like aliens in Aliens.
      40 to quinns.

Comment

I found out fresh 3 new barbarians!
        Damn it

Comment

Turn 40 to Solar. I finally entered a ruins that didn't have barbarians. 600 gold woo hoo! Maybe the spell is over??

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Smirnov View Post
            Turn 39 to quinns.
            And quinns... No, we didn't change the way barbarians work, I haven't seen anything like this before! But we DID make ruins a little more abundant (about +25% I think).
            Strange... the const.txt file in the FF gamedata folder still says RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 1.0 (I think that means a 1% chance for each hex to contain a ruins.) Just curious, how did you increase it by 25%?

Comment

This actually means 1.0 ruins per box. A "box" is 7x7 tiles afair. I've decreased the size of the box, to 5x5 afair.
              Turn 41!

Comment

Quinns - I don't think so :P
                It's just that they are hidden... Waiting for you to soften and send a settler alone or with weak army...

Btw: I'm first at power graph again
                I feel... supreme!

Comment

I see, thanks. Then you've doubled the density of ruins, my friend 7x7 = 1 ruins every 49 tiles; 5x5 = 1 every ruins 25 tiles! Or, another way to look at it -- in the vanilla game 2% contain ruins, in the FF version 4% contain ruins! No wonder we're busting at the seams with barbarians!

Comment

Turn 41 to Solar.

Comment

• This is not only the biggest swamp I've ever seen in the game, it's also a few time bigger than the previous record.
                      My settlers are looking for a place to settle... and looking... and looking...
                      On the positive side, no barbarians!

Comment

• Turn 42 to Max.
                        And have a great dessert, full of barbarians and other troublesome thingies (more barbarians + no place to settle :P)

Comment

• > My Settler + Slinger party walking through the medless swamp.
                          > Suddenly they spot a jungle tile, fir for colonisation.
                          > Enter that patch.
                          > Mounted Archer ambush!
                          > FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU....

We'll see tonight how the battle goes.

Comment

• I'd say it'll be Barbs 1:0 Solar
                            hyhyhyhy

Comment

• Lol, you're right, quinns, I didn't do the math. I've realized it soon after posting and was sure that somebody will make fun of me. BUT I'm not sure those 5 and 7 numbers are right, they might've been 9 and 7, or 8 and 6, or even 7 and 6 And I don't remember where to look either. But yeah. Essentially I was telling the truth And I swear to God, I've played at least 10 or 15 games since I've introduced that change and I've never seen that many barbarians.
                              Observation: the unit of population that turns into settler - whatever they were producing last turn - it's wasted.
                              Turn 42 sent.

Comment

• Well I want to confirm - When my notebook broke I've played plenty of Deity games (short ones, cause game bugged* around turn 100) on my old PC. And I've never ever seen even a half of the amount of barbarians we have to fight in this game.

*- Well nothing work properly on it, so don't worry about CTP bugging.

Comment

Working...
                                X