Forever Future mod: first PBEM game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of World?
    Seeing your cowardly actions Arabian goverment send us a diplomat in order to form a permament alliance.
    We have great relationship with them, and we've shared some advances with them, so they could grow stronger.
    But you know why them, not you? Because long before scout mission issue (which now is used as argument that it was an offensive... pathetic) you were blocking my scouting ships. One of results was that when I accidentally found myself behind the barrier, Mexican fleet started blocking my ship all the time. In order to avoid a diplomatic mess I sunk it with all sailors aboard - for the sake of peace.
    I didn't share any advances with you, because when we started to have any diplomatic contacts you have already formed an alliance against me. And believe me - when you see such a thing, you don't feel like giving your only advantage to people united in order to crush you.
    But still I believed that it'll turn out for good somehow. I tried to create positive relationship with Vikings, but they were already in the alliance. I even stopped mongolian invasion after discussion with you. But when they kept on sending spies to steal my technologies and then instantly sold them to you... it's more then enough to crush them.
    Not so long time ago, you were QQing about pollution generated by my cities. Now you are building factories and don't say a word about that anymore. I'm still leading in pollution production, but soon your alliance will exceed that - especiall the Romans, even though they don't have many cities, their absolutizm filosophy doesn't give a damn about that matter, and where it could be restricted - it isn't.
    You say that I was behaving wrong. No. You were, from the very beginning against everything what I was doing. Scout mission issue - there were 2 of them actually. 1 aimed for Rome continent, one for Mexico. And you know what? You made a mess about mexico one, but roman were undetected. I checked how this isle look like and then disbanded every single of rangers over there. They were send out to improve knowledge about our world. They haven't made even one aggresive action. Others also wouldn't. And what's the difference between my conquer of America and Viking's conquer of russia? They were attacked first? That's a great idea for a counterattack*.
    And please don't forget that I didn't research Age of Reason, for sake of Viking invasion on Moscow. Otherwise it would be really hard on him. I discovered this advance like 2 turns after he said that he doesn't need it anymore. Or was it also an action against him?
    And there is an old Japanese wisdom, used often to train your mind. "If you claim to be better then someone else, means that you can't behave like the ones you compare yourself to. If you do - you're not better. You're exacly like they are, and there are no excuses to that."

You see a splinter in someone's eye, but you don't see beam in your own one.
    There will be only war from now on. War between our nations, where the only sure winner will be Vikings. Far from war zone, with lands of Russia, developing faster then other empires. Rest? Uknown...

* - similar reasoning gave a Nazi Germany in 2nd World War. They made some people wear Polish army uniforms, killed them and threw bodies on the german border. Then they started telling "we're just defending! And need to coutnerattack against polish terrorism and aggression". "Polish terrorism" was also made by german agents.

edit: Added age of reason part.
    Last edited by Eerion; December 7, 2011, 07:47.

Comment

• [out of character] Are you from Poland, Eerion? I thought you were from the UAE (from your flag). Do you just live in the UAE now or is the flag just for fun? Wait a minute... That's not the flag of the UAE! What is that flag?? It sort of looks Polish... but with a piece missing!
      Last edited by quinns; December 7, 2011, 20:17.

Comment

• Yea, this flag also has bothered me
        It just set itself up automatically, can't figure out how to correct it. And I'm from Poland ^^

Comment

• I understand that Japanese words against our case with Russians come from the lack of knowledge, so we won't be offended. In fact, the Russians attacked us first. They have besieged our cities with large armies when our forces were barely enough to defend them. Not enough, in some cases. Jottungard was lost to Russians millenia before our siege of Moscow and retaken only relatively recently. We have fought for our survival. It were Japanese who went on invading countries that did not threaten them in the least, and grew far too rich and powerful as a consequence.
          And you're wrong with the timing of events, too. We have entered the Alliance only AFTER this incident with Rangers on Mexican soil. Right, we have supported the Mexican ban on your ships entering their waters before, but we haven't had such objections ourselves. Maybe you can remember, that when Japanese Samurai have landed near Moscow, standing proud in the broad daylight with their faces unmasked, we have welcomed them as brothers and allowed them a free pass around our country. They didn't really use this hospitality and left our lands quite soon, but no hostile gesture was made against them. Even as we knew that when a stray Roman settler landed on a shore that you were considering yours, you have reacted with an ultimatum - run as fast as you can or die.
          But those are just words, words, words. Your careless actions have sown a distrust towards you and this war is a consequence of this distrust.

Oh, and as far as pollution goes, last we've checked, Japan still produced 90% of world's pollution.
          Last edited by Max_Smirnov; December 9, 2011, 09:46.

Comment

• The native people of Kansas City once again are singing in the streets and enjoying life. While temporarily under the horrible Japanese rule, the overly arrogant and overly idiotic Japanese renamed the city to Awaji (whatever that means), and life was miserable. Now, once again, great jazz music rings out of the wonderful AMERICAN city (under the protection of the benevolent Mexicans).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eerion View Post
              Yea, this flag also has bothered me
              It just set itself up automatically, can't figure out how to correct it. And I'm from Poland ^^
              I think it's based upon what you have in the field called Country in your profile. Maybe change it to UAE, save it, then change it back to Poland to see if it resets itself??

Comment

• Singing in the street and enjoing life?
                For sure, since you've thrown all of them into deadly physical labour, without any food.
                But the japanese fleet with support of brave samurais have taken care of them, and saved thousands of lives from death from starvation. You didn't even care to take care of their supplies. But now Awaji i safe onec more and it can grow properly.
                Now, there is only one more large invader force, but it's going to be dispatched really soon.

I see that I haven't marked any country earlier, so it gave me first on alpabetical list - Abu Dhabi. It's fine now

Comment

• Japan has won this game.... Congrats Eerion. Let's start another, okay gang? I officially resign. But if you want to find a replacement to continue with the Mexicans, that's fine with me, I'll wait until you finish. But believe me, there is no question about the outcome of this game. The rest is just carpentry work for Eerion -- no challenge whatsoever.

Comment

• Well, I certainly don't feel like a loser now. Max has a good plan that may work or not, but it's certainly not hopeless. But I don't think we could pull it off with just the two of us, we need three people.

I realise it looks grim now. However, where's the fun if everything is easy? The best gaming stories are born from desperation! Anyway, I have no intention of quitting, I have invested too damn much in this game and I don't feel like I'm losing yet.

I understand if you're no longer interested quinns, but please think about it once again.

Comment

• So Quinns had declared Eerion had won. How great.
                      I'm not saying anything final yet, but I don't feel right about it. Not because he had won (I'm OK with declaring Eerion a winner if we're stopping now), but because I was just beginning to have fun. I have invested a lot in this game and it's been only 6 turns since the things got really interesting. I don't feel right about abandoning it now, both for my and other players' sake. I really don't see another solution, though. Without Quinns' help we're certainly doomed.
                      Well, now what do you have to say about it, Eerion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solarius Scorch View Post
                        Well, I certainly don't feel like a loser now. Max has a good plan that may work or not, but it's certainly not hopeless. But I don't think we could pull it off with just the two of us, we need three people.

I realise it looks grim now. However, where's the fun if everything is easy? The best gaming stories are born from desperation! Anyway, I have no intention of quitting, I have invested too damn much in this game and I don't feel like I'm losing yet.

I understand if you're no longer interested quinns, but please think about it once again.
                        I have a better understanding of what is going on now that Max explained a few things to me about FF that are NOT true in the standard game. Primarily, that Chichen Itza is FAR more powerful in FF, than in the standard game. In the standard game crime isn't that big of a problem, but in FF it is at least doubled under most governments. In addition, in the standard game Chichen Itza is obsoleted by Agricultural Revolution which makes Chichen Itza nearly a joke wonder. But not in this game. Zero crime all the way through Mass Production (when Chichen Itza ACTUALLY gets obsoleted, contrary to what the library says) while the rest of the world is suffering from 30 to 40 percent crime is a HUGE bonus to whoever gets it first, and almost makes the entire game a race toward Chichen Itza.

I thought the best choice now is for us to concede the game to Eerion, incorporate some improvements in FF, then restart. That would be more enjoyable to me. However, if you all want to continue this one, I will do so. It sounds like Solar wishes to continue, and if Max and Eerion wish to continue also, I will oblige. How about we start a new game AT THE SAME TIME as this one, but with Chichen Itza suppressed a lot, as well as the other modifications you have already stated?

Comment

• Well I'm either for continuing (because now things gets really fun) or just starting new one, after update (where chitzen itcha and some other things were tuned - I agree that it's OP).

However I think that if what I'm doing right now would succeed might also finish the game. As would this invasion (actually it'd kick me out instead of finishing a whole game ). It's not that I'm boasting or something. It's just pure calculation, nothing else. It's like a final fruit of my plans of high-technology developement plan mixed with heavy luck (republic from ruins, etc. and making correct decisions about assault on US, and not capitol, but 3rd one to turn it into more steady invastion).
                          If I'd just say "I want to end now" would well... just it'll be like saying "my plan succeed in 100%". There's still chance of that (as well as chance of something going wrong, but overall don't think there's an option for it to fail completely).
                          that's why final decision is yours. I may even agree for it to be a minor victory of mine, don't really care (but if it's going to be a loss - I'll fight! )

Comment

• In the sprit of christmas, as game's host, after hearing all voices,

I'm declaring Minor Victory of Eerion, leader of the Japanese

The armistice was called, Roman, Viking and Mexican armies were severely reduced, and the rest of the humanity lived happily ever after, under the undisputed dominance and guidance of Japan.

The Vikings have burned their institutes where they have hatching plans for all-out nuclear war, the main propagators of the idea dissapeared and the whole project was forgotten by the history.

To the victor goes the right to name second and third places, if he wishes so. If it does have any significance whatsoever.

Thank you for a good game, everyone!

Comment

• Ok, so second place goes to Arabians and third to Mongols

After small discussion with Max, it turns out that he chose path I was fearing most. Well it would make future uncertain, without clear winner. Reality would prove how it would turn out.
                              But well... It won't. I'm waiting for next game, I hope it won't be like this one. I just hope for morte balanced one!

Comment

• One word: congratulations!

I still believe we could have won, but I agree the chances were slim. I don't mind finishing it like this, with everyone in good spirits. It was a good game.

See you next time! The next release is coming soon and it will be much improved. Until then, stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                                X