Where are the mods to download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're the coolest person ever.

BTW there is a newer version coming - nothing big for now, just some Library fixes. I will notify you when it's ready and ask you to either replace the file or add it as a patch, OK?

Comment

french player, so sorry for the english

Any news of all the dowload stuff of the old site ? (and not only CTP but the others games too)
      I am a little afraid that Apolyton made as the others and does focus more than on new games by forgetting little by little the older games.
      And yes I don't like the new Civ generation (4 and 5)
      I hope that I have wrong, because Apolyton remained one of the rare sites which I could still found things for the ancient games as Civ II, Alpha Centauri and the CTP for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarius Scorch View Post
        BTW there is a newer version coming - nothing big for now, just some Library fixes. I will notify you when it's ready and ask you to either replace the file or add it as a patch, OK?
        When, will come the new version? Anyway, since our download section is back, you can now add it to the download section. And as our download section has an enhanced upload feature, you can also upload it yourself. I recommend to do it sooner than later, because I want to free the space at the ctp2.apolyton subdomain.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
          When, will come the new version? Anyway, since our download section is back, you can now add it to the download section. And as our download section has an enhanced upload feature, you can also upload it yourself. I recommend to do it sooner than later, because I want to free the space at the ctp2.apolyton subdomain.

-Martin
          I'll do it gladly, but can you please give us instructions how to do so? I've looked around, but still have no idea how to upload.

Comment

I'll do it gladly, but can you please give us instructions how to do so? I've looked around, but still have no idea how to upload.
            Go Downloads, that's on the top bar, that also says spotlight, forums, etc. There you go to Call to Power I > Downloads > Mods. Under the main bar there should be an entry Add Entry.

The form should be self explanatory.

-Martin

Comment

Many thanks, I must have been blind...

EDIT: I added it, but it doesn't show up. Why?
              Last edited by Solarius Scorch; May 14, 2011, 14:40.

Comment

EDIT: I added it, but it doesn't show up. Why?
                I can't find the entry either, and I should see the stuff that is hidden or in the moderation queue. The moderation queue should be empty, since new entries aren't moderated and go online once they have been submitted.

How long by the way did you wait? Since it is a file of a few megabytes it takes some time to upload it. And did you a confirmation that the file was added to the database.

-Martin

Comment

Yeah, I have waited long enough. I got a message that said the thread was not created, which is as it should be (since we have one already).

I'll try again then, if it doesn't work I'll come back to you crying.

EDIT: failed again. All I got was a message:

Forum does not exist 5
                  And the "Return" link.
                  Last edited by Solarius Scorch; May 14, 2011, 15:33.

Comment

I'll try again then, if it doesn't work I'll come back to you crying.

EDIT: failed again. All I got was a message:

And the "Return" link.
                    That's ugly, I set the autocreate forum of the mods category to the CTP1 forum. Try again and if it does not work, I disable the autocreate thread function altogether. That's ugly, but I have other things to do than assigning manually a forum to all those 400 categories or so.

-Martin

Comment

Upload error - file is larger than maximum size allowed
                      It's around 55 MB.

Comment

It's around 55 MB.
                        And the allowed maximum file size is supposed to be 250 MB. Well, I won't come around fixing it today. But you can still add the entry linking to the file on the ctp2.apolyton.net subdomain.

I guess I have to sort this out later.

-Martin

Comment

I think I'll wait a bit until it's fixed. Maybe we'll manage to finish the update by then.

Comment

I think I'll wait a bit until it's fixed. Maybe we'll manage to finish the update by then.
                            Looks like this piece of software distinguishes between, normal users and users with admin privileges. So I had to raise the size limit for attachments. So now you can upload up to 250 MB in the rar format. With rar you can even compress the files further then with zip. For raring the files you can use WinRar, should be available as shareware version.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                            X