Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it seems some people do still play this old game is this the best thread for looking to join/start a PBEM? I've not played for over 6 years so would be a newbie again at MP but I used to be Deity level SP and did win a few PBEM's so I am sure I could catch up PDQ. I posted in the 'Does anyone still play?' thread but it doesn't seem like there is much activity in the new games dept.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

Hello Friendly Fire,

Post a request for a match in the CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder thread. You may get some action there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
        I used to play with a German by the name of Erni, awesome player

we used to play every Friday and Saturday night

I sure miss him and our games

Gramps
        I just saw Erni he still lerks about I guess. Anyone else? Servers are up.
        Who ever said everything is possible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

Originally posted by TATSUO View Post
          I just saw Erni he still lerks about I guess. Anyone else? Servers are up.

I would be happy to play if it were possible...however we(Maq,GT, and I) have had trouble with the servers recently.

I am willing to try if you want, let me know.
          "

Comment

OK see you there

Comment

I am there now, do you have the new DLL files?
              "

Comment

My computer froze Tatsuo, thats the trouble I was talking about early. If yours froze too I apologize. It might just be my connection, or a problem with the server. I would recommend trying to play with someone else to see if its just me causing the problem.
                "

Comment

Here are the DLL files. Put the anet2.dll and the DLL folder into Call to power\ctp_program\ctp and override the existing files.
                  Attached Files
                  "

Comment

Okay, maq and I are giving up on the evil DLL's I posted. Sadly, this means we can't host a game......so we are going to try hamachi.
                    "

Comment

seems to work fine when people join mine, sort of. lol
                      Mind you i have not loaded those evil ctpII dlls lol

Comment

Except our computers freeze
                        "

Comment

maq's too?

Comment

Yeah, mine too
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I've been playing online for hours on end now with old .dll and have no issues what so ever. Maybe u2 should reload game with the .dll that I am using?
                              What about other options? like graphics, wonder movies etc do they also have to be the same between us all?
                              Any rate, I am online playing as I type join me if u like.
                              btw how do I turn off the chat window lol...

Comment

The issue isn't playing online, its playing online with other people.

Just press enter to get rid of the chat window.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X