CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder - February 2005+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Math

From what I remember it was like say someone was away and hadnt responded its not necessarily fair to penailize that player

I think as long as things are as you are presenting them all can agree with this process

Keep up the excellent work Math
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
      I think as long as things are as you are presenting them all can agree with this process.
      as long as someone points out to me where they are not, everything will be fine.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Originally posted by Mathemagician

as long as someone points out to me where they are not, everything will be fine.
        AND DOES IT IN A NICE WAY ALSO
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Another way is to continue the old rule here if a challenge is not responded to the player is dropped to the bottom of their BAID.

Comment

yes, that refers to any 'legitimate' challenge, which is up to 3 places higher than the challenging player.

Comment

I challenge mathemagician and quins.

I suggest standard settings but up for any changes if you like.

Any final words about settings before we commence slaughting?

[b]©2004 Dimytes[b]

Comment

Ricketyclik, challenge accepted.
                Mail me with map suggestions. And once we have agreed on them you can start the game and send me the turn.

©2004 Dimytes

Comment

quinns is currently "MIA" i guess. so it is likely he wont respond within two weeks to your challenge as the rules demand. but lets see if he does.
                  however, it seems somewhat unclear to me what happens when he doesnt respond. the rules say 'dropped' from the ladder. but i think we changed it to 'dropped to the bottom of his BAID' some time ago, didnt we ?
                  also, does that mean the challenging player claims the slot of the dropped player ? do we have any precedence on that ?

as for your challenge to me, Dimytes. as pointed out before, quinns' slot still counts for challenging upwards, so im 4 slots above you and thus i may decline your challenge without further reasons given - which i do. also, im a little full on games right now, but i dont need that excuse anyway, do i ?
                  might as well make it a little harder for you bucket-wielding rabbit to climb that ladder. you will make it anyway.

Comment

i guess we should ask quinns about some of these things.
                    miss him somehow.

Comment

I just got a response from quins that he wish to be removed from the ladder since he is not playing CTP anymore. Math can you fix it?

So, I challenge Gavruska instead. Still standard settings unless you want any other settings.

©2004 Dimytes

Comment

In order to drop out all inactive players I also challenge david42one. That should make him drop out in 2 weeks.

Since quinns has asked to be removed my challenge to you, math, counts.

©2004 Dimytes

Comment

Please cancel game 94. It will never be played.

©2004 Dimytes

Comment

Originally posted by Dimytes
                            In order to drop out all inactive players I also challenge david42one. That should make him drop out in 2 weeks.
                            Since quinns has asked to be removed my challenge to you, math, counts.

©2004 Dimytes
                            right. then it counts. now i looked at my old post and see that he actually quit the ladder and didnt just 'pause'. if not, he did so now.
                            i will drop quinns in my next update (sadly ). then i will respond to your challenge, Dimytes, and see if i have time. dont worry. its unlikely that i will be out of range by then. in case berXpert miraculously concedes our game before that, i will update the ladder first.
                            damn, we need to fix that timing thing. if i find ...well... time i will try to make some suggestions about how to update the rules accordingly. anyone else with ideas is welcome too.
                            its especially hard for me as my decision to update the ladder actually affects what the rules allow.

about the other inactive player(s). i think we can safely say that david42one is inactive. i believe i can just drop him out with that update right away, if i dont get a complaint from him by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathemagician
                              quinns is currently "MIA" i guess. so it is likely he wont respond within two weeks to your challenge as the rules demand. but lets see if he does.
                              however, it seems somewhat unclear to me what happens when he doesnt respond. the rules say 'dropped' from the ladder. but i think we changed it to 'dropped to the bottom of his BAID' some time ago, didnt we ?
                              also, does that mean the challenging player claims the slot of the dropped player ? do we have any precedence on that ?

as for your challenge to me, Dimytes. as pointed out before, quinns' slot still counts for challenging upwards, so im 4 slots above you and thus i may decline your challenge without further reasons given - which i do. also, im a little full on games right now, but i dont need that excuse anyway, do i ?
                              might as well make it a little harder for you bucket-wielding rabbit to climb that ladder. you will make it anyway.
                              I don't thnk a challenging player can take the place of a player when they don't take up the challenge. One rule that might be more reasonable then droping to the bottom of the baid, is to just drop them below the challenger. Maybe its the same thing eventually anyway.
                              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

i dont think that this should depend on the position of the challenging player. it seems rather random to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X