No announcement yet.

CtP-Multiplayer Cafe II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
        Yes. Civ 3 is crap.

Comment

It sure is yet they support it over CTP which is way more popular and has way more dedicated followers.... simply silly...IMHO...
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Is it way more popular? I would have thought the huge marketing campaign of Civ3 would have shot the popularity way past CTP regardless of the quality. That is surprising then.

To each their own. Many think CTP is AWFUL! But these are usually the individuals who like to play games by themselves against the computer. In that case, yes, CTP A/I is a pushover and not for them. It amazes me that a large group of Civ3 fans think Civ3 has a great A/I simply because the game gives the a/i HUGE bonuses, (in Civ3's highest a/i level, production of an item costs the computer player 60% of what it costs you to build), in addition to ridiculous other advantages the a/i receives. It would be similar to someone writing a chess program and calling their program AWESOME because, as part of the awesome setup, the program takes away the human player's queen and gives the a/i two queens. What fantastic artificial intelligence! Must be genius programmers!!

Comment

too true Quinns

IMHO the entire dynamics and easy of use and human challenge sets CTP miles above civ3.
              Or do we?

Comment

i full agree with this point of view ...

i play both civ3 and CTP1 ( not ctp2 b'cause i'm a mac user but i plan to install virtual pc and install this CTP2 i never saw running )

the only interest i find to civ3 are the cool graphics and the number of graphic mods for terrains, cities and units u can find and even a macuser can install ... it's true that it's hard to find some cool grahics for ctp ! more in some mods i tried, some units are really ugly !!!

BUT ... the AI of civ3 is a nonsense matter !!! no fun at all ! a real programmed crap !!! and for years now, i always come back to CTP ... and play ... and have fun

you are complaining CTP has less players than civ3 ( a real shame indeed ) : so imagine you are a mac user ... so many stuff u can't get
                Last edited by blackgryffin; July 14, 2004, 10:07.
                • slytherin forever •
                http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

I feel your pain, blackgryffin, I feel your pain.

Comment

thanks a lot to share my peine !
                    • slytherin forever •
                    http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                      Cuaich nope was working, missed the bikini contest drag

Hey busing is great where you are?
                      Sorry...what was the question?

And can someone please explain to me why I cannot get the STRIFE forum to list in the Multiplayer forums?

That's all for now!!

Cuaich

Comment

Originally posted by Cuaich

And can someone please explain to me why I cannot get the STRIFE forum to list in the Multiplayer forums?

Cuaich
                        Originally posted by ricketyclik
                        Here

Comment

Thanks R.Clik. I followed your link before (and forgot to thank you then...my bad) to get to the forum. I was just wondering why it had disappeared out of the list. BTW, it is back now...am I losing my mind?

I'm certain I know the response(s) That will get...

Cuaich

Comment

Originally posted by Cuaich
                            Thanks R.Clik. I followed your link before (and forgot to thank you then...my bad) to get to the forum. I was just wondering why it had disappeared out of the list. BTW, it is back now...am I losing my mind?

I'm certain I know the response(s) That will get...

Cuaich
                            Not your mind... only your threads

Comment

I hate when I lose threads... something vital that protects one's modesty generally falls off at the wrong time then...

Comment

A man is sitting in an airliner, which is
                                about to takeoff when another man
                                with a Labrador Retriever occupies the 2
                                empty seats beside him.
                                The Lab is situated in the middle, and the first man is
                                looking quizzically at the dog
                                when the second man explains that they work
                                for the airline. The airline rep said, "Don't mind Sniffer; he's a
                                sniffing dog, the best there is; I'll show you once we get airborne when I put
                                him to work." The plane takes off and levels out when the handler says to
                                the first man, "Watch this."He tells the dog, "Sniffer, search." Sniffer
                                jumps down, walks along the aisle, and sits next to a woman for a few
                                seconds. It then returns to its seat and puts one paw on the handler's arm.
                                He says, "Good boy."The airline rep turns to the first man andsays, "That woman is in possession of marijuana, so I'm making a note of this
                                and her seat number for the police who will apprehend her on arrival.
                                "Fantastic!" replies the first man. Once again he sends Sniffer
                                to search the aisles. The Lab sniffs about, sits down beside a man for a
                                few seconds, returns to its seat, and places two paws on the handler's arm.
                                The airline rep says, "That man is carrying cocaine, so again I'm making a
                                note of this and the seat number."
                                "I like it!" says the first man. A third time the rep sends Sniffer
                                to search the aisles. Sniffer goes up and down the plane and after a
                                while sits down next to someone. He then comes racing back, jumps up onto
                                his seat, and poops all over the seat. The first man is really grossed out
                                by this behavior from a supposedly well-trained sniffing dog and asks,
                                "What's going on?" The handler ne! rvously replies, "He just
                                found a bomb."
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X