No announcement yet.

CtP-Multiplayer Cafe II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackice is building the world's first sentient computer!

Comment

• that is an idea ricketyclik

Believe it or not Solver $1400.00 CAN. tax in, I get good prices from my suppliers. It is sweet though, this sucker zooms. :0)

I finally have my multimedia server.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

• I did the conversion of 1400 Canadian dollars to my local currency... and WOW! That's damn cheap for such an amazing machine, I was thinking it would cost more along the lines of 900-1000 GBP.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Very cheap one would assume the new technology would be typically expensive. Yet it's not that bad. The only thing real expensive is the x16 video cards above 128 mbs. You can work around that by getting the intel 900 onboard video with the pciexpress slot for future expansion. Typically the board would be 199.00 can. with the onboard video and the ddr2 600 ability. The video 33mhz clock and the 224mb ddr2 ram is quite good. Thats good bang for your buck and puts you in good shape for when the video cards drop in price. Example price the gf 256 mb x16 card is about 2 grand can.

The 900 is quite interesting as it uses what is needed, if you are simply typing it would set to 8mbs leaving the rest of the ram for windows use. In gaming it will go up to 224mbs this is done automatically without user input.
          Last edited by blackice; October 24, 2004, 11:06.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

• Taken all that... why do you actually need such a powerful rig ?

Comment

• I run five machines here and do a lot of backups for people. Plus I use my machine remotely when doing service calls. My programs and client file data base is about 150 gigs. I am also testing vop and other internet server related programs. I need 40 gigs for xp, 80 gigs for music, the other hd is for ghosting storage for all my machines with a bit of room left over for client machines.

I need to sell the 80 gig s-ata to get another 200 gig for more remote backups for clients. I could use two of these actually.

I mean you can buy the base system for about $850.00 so why not? Leading edge, fast, upgradable makes sense when looking for a new system and you have a kvm and or MN,KB,M already. KVM is only $49.00 so you can store and save to your server plus keep your system clean and files safe.
              Last edited by blackice; October 24, 2004, 16:43.
              Or do we?

Comment

• Hmm, that does actually sound fun. Might even compare to managing a 30-or-so computer network, where a few computers got their own quirks. Good, good .

Comment

• that's why I like the trade, lot's of problem solving and most often a new one each time. Most I have managed is 15 comps. Obviously the perfered system I am using will grow as the client base grows but that simply translates into cash. So the more the marrier.
                  Or do we?

Comment

• mmmh ... what is needed to launch a new ctp server for an online multiplayer ?

bandwidth ? how much ? ip ? etc ...

• slytherin forever •
                    http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

• Originally posted by blackgryffin
                      mmmh ... what is needed to launch a new ctp server for an online multiplayer ?

bandwidth ? how much ? ip ? etc ...

Hey buddy..wanna start over Ill say I had some very poor humor and was out of line..I did enjoy playing for the sake of playing, forgive me please..I promise no more French disparaging remarks and I promise to respect your homeland and heritage..

what ya say..Be My Friend?

Gramps
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• i'm half french in fact and the other part is worse ... but both of them would be glad to play with you again

• slytherin forever •
                        http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

• Originally posted by blackgryffin
                          i'm half french in fact and the other part is worse ... but both of them would be glad to play with you again

I f you like we can get a game going..let me know what settings it wil be a fun game no challenge matches just a good old fun game

Gramps

Let me know if you want wonders or ai or what have you

Peace

Glad we can play my friend

My PC Crashed so if you would send me and email to BCRONKITE-the at sign-ec dot rr dot com

Thanks

Gramps
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                          X