This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinns
    Welcome johnzim! You don't need any other mods/patches if you have the 1.2 patch. The reason that wonders are not part of the standard settings is that they can give the player that first gets a specific wonder a LARGE advantage. And so the game becomes just a race to certain wonders. This is debatable, though, and that is why this is just a "standard" setting in the CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- players can use any settings they agree upon in their challenge match --- including wonders.

P.S. I used to work in Hamburg, N.Y. -- is that near you?
    Hi Quinns. (I tried looking up your first name, but the PROFILE link didn't work.) Small world, eh? I live in the Williamsville area, which is about 25 minutes north of Hamburg. What part of California do you haunt? I have some friends in the San Jose area, and I used to visit the Bay Area about every 3 years; but that somehow came to an end when I got married.

Thanks for the kind words and explanation. So can I be officially installled on the ladder? ala Steve Martin: "So I can come in here for three dollars? What happens??"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnzim
      Okay, Gramps, I'm here. It only took me 20 minutes to locate this thread; let's just say that Apolyton is not the easiest site to navigate for a non-professional web surfer.

Anyhoo, how does one go about starting a PBeM game? Remember, I'm a virgin at this.... So please be gentle! I saw some of the default settings for ladder matches, and most of them make sense to me. But I can't figure out why WONDERS are deleted, since they seem like an integral part of the game and its appeal. ????? My version of CTP came on a post-release CD, and seems to include the 1.2 patch, but I don't have any other mods and such. Do I need to add any mods/patches to play on the ladder? Thanks for your tutelage. -JZ
      Ok just post back here that you want a game and we will be off...let me know what CIV you want (not that it matters but in case u desire one over another!)

Post your email address

Ill set and then start a thread in the main Multiplayer forums

I dont mess with files so as the game comes we play

Ill wait to here back!

looking forward!

My email addy is BCRONKITE@ec.rr.com

Ill set the game as soon as I here back from you

Peace

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Johnzim, just state your Best A/I Defeat (chieftain through deity) here. Then I'll put you on the ladder officially.

Williamsville --- Yes, I know where that is. Very nice area. I actually lived in Silver Creek and commuted to Hamburg. My lawyer worked (works?) in Williamsville. He is a good man. James Ralabate?? Do you know him??

Comment

My lawyer worked (works?) in Williamsville. He is a good man. James Ralabate?? Do you know him??
          2 POINTS

#1-Quinns is a really neat guy and does a lot for the community

He is an all around stand up kinda guy and deserves to be listened to and followed as he has your best at heart

Furthermore I would say if Quinns had a flaw is that he is too giving, of his Time,Talent and Treasure. he would gladly give the shirt off his back!!

Oh and Number Two

(#2)-Quinns tell your Lawyer that I'll be good and to rescind the NO PHYSICAL OR EYE CONTACT, NO COMING WITHIN 1000 FEET OF A DWELLING YOU OCCUPY AND NO MORE TOLIET PAPERING YOUR HOUSE!!

I admit I got carried away and for that I am sorry!!

(P S Dont P!$$ him off either )
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

2 POINTS

#1-Quinns is a really neat guy and does a lot for the community

He is an all around stand up kinda guy and deserves to be listened to and followed as he has your best at heart

Furthermore I would say if Quinns had a flaw is that he is too giving, of his Time,Talent and Treasure. he would gladly give the shirt off his back!!

Oh and Number Two

(#2)-Quinns tell your Lawyer that I'll be good and to rescind the NO PHYSICAL OR EYE CONTACT, NO COMING WITHIN 1000 FEET OF A DWELLING YOU OCCUPY AND NO MORE TOLIET PAPERING YOUR HOUSE!!

I admit I got carried away and for that I am sorry!!

(P S Dont P!$$ him off either )
            Troll... I think it is the other way around. Who is the one who gladly welcomes all new players? You. Who delights us all with clever pictures and cartoons? You. Who adds color to everything he writes? You!! I'm just bored at work (shhhhh!!!) so that I come in here to act as ADMINISTRATOR of the LADDER. Big deal! But thanks for the sentiment.

By the way, he is a PATENT lawyer not a CRIMINAL lawyer. I don't need one of those ... yet!

Comment

Troll... I think it is the other way around. Who is the one who gladly welcomes all new players? You. Who delights us all with clever pictures and cartoons? You. Who adds color to everything he writes? You!! I'm just bored at work (shhhhh!!!) so that I come in here to act as ADMINISTRATOR of the LADDER. Big deal! But thanks for the sentiment.

By the way, he is a PATENT lawyer not a CRIMINAL lawyer. I don't need one of those ... yet!
              Hey...

Maybe you could..er..um..make a patent on ME?

U could make millions..I mean...

well..probabaly not..no one would ever believe there could be 2 of me around

Ok..Man this place is hopping a bit more!!

Maybe..just maybe we can get some of these Lazy @r$e dawgs around her to get with it and next thing you'll need an assistant!!

Peace

Gramps "Just an old heel-hound" Troll
              Attached Files

Comment

Johnzim, just state your Best A/I Defeat (chieftain through deity) here. Then I'll put you on the ladder officially.

Williamsville --- Yes, I know where that is. Very nice area. I actually lived in Silver Creek and commuted to Hamburg. My lawyer worked (works?) in Williamsville. He is a good man. James Ralabate?? Do you know him??
                Holy Cow, you guys have way too much time on your hands!! Just kidding, kinda. I've already spent quite some time enjoying the witty banter on this site.

I think my BAID was on King level. Please put me on the ladder as you see fit.

I don't know Mr. Ralabate, as I don't know many attorney types. Perhaps I even avoid them!

Comment

• QUINNS!!!

New challenge match johnzim63 as Durak of the Russians against Grandpa Troll as Grandpa Longstreet of the English

Have fun!

GT

NOTE 2 QUINNS!!!

I am starting a new challenge match

Comment

Holy Cow, you guys have way too much time on your hands!! Just kidding, kinda.
                    Who invited this guy?

Comment

Who invited this guy?
                      "... I have found through much experimentation that self-invitation is the most satisfying experience." -paraphrased from Reflections on Dissipation: Living the Unreflected Life, vol IV, sec 46, para B-1, by johnzim63

Comment

"... I have found through much experimentation that self-invitation is the most satisfying experience." -paraphrased from Reflections on Dissipation: Living the Unreflected Life, vol IV, sec 46, para B-1, by johnzim63

Umm...I think I found #2 of which I am number One..who can number three be?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hatschy and I would like our 1x1 SLII game included in this ladder please.

Begun July 2004.

Comment

• As you wish!

122. Chlg 122 hatschy vs. ricketyclik; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                              QUINNS!!!

New challenge match johnzim63 as Durak of the Russians against Grandpa Troll as Grandpa Longstreet of the English

Have fun!

GT

NOTE 2 QUINNS!!!

I am starting a new challenge match
                              B*U*M*P

and here is his comment concerning his BAID :

I think my BAID was on King level. Please put me on the ladder as you see fit.

Ok could you add us please and by the way I do appreciate your business um..BUSYNESS

I just wanna remind you so that we get it registered

Thanks oh Great One!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Okay!

123. Chlg 123 johnzim vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Aug-2004 -- In progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X