Lan games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan games

A little background information to start off with. My bro and myself would like to have a game against each other through the TCP/IP Lan option. At the moment we only have one ctp cd, so with this in mind the user hosting the game (which is myself) uses this cd, is that ok?

Now, in the actual lobby we cannot see each others names displayed on the left hand side - but once i've created my own game, he can see it on the right hand side of the screen. He clicks on the game but it comes up with "This game is full" (or something along those lines). He's tried joining whilst im still in the lobby, and even once the game has been loaded - without success. I've enabled dynamic joining, entered the game and 'opened' the al (computer) civilisations but it still comes up with the same error.

Any ideas?

sylvanookie the answer to the first part of your post is, yes it is ok.

I have a question about the second part:

Are you two using the same server.dat?
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Well i haven't changed anything, so i guess so?

Comment

Ok you need to download the servers.dat file and load it on both computers.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

The servers.dat should make no difference to TCP/IP LAN games...

Comment

J Bytheway yes I miss read that.

sylvanookie how are you connecting? Router? Hub? Lan to Lan?
            Or do we?

Comment

are one of you useing XP ive found that if both are XP that is what happens.
              i solved that by changeing the host computer to windows "98" and that worked for me
              I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.
              Revelation 6:8

Comment

Working...
              X