SuperLeague Season 2: Sign up and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david42one

That would be ideal, but if it's too much, at least promise to put the toilet seat down...
    Actually, I would prefer to see the toilet seat left up.

The more players the merrier! If necessary we could split the league into 2 (or more!), with the following season's 2 leagues taken from the top 2 halves, and the bottom 2 halves...

But perhaps I'm getting a little ahead of things

Comment

like premier and secondary league.
      i guess our community isnt yet large enough for that.

but at least for single player games, i posted here (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...92#post2183992)
      on the topic of implementing a real ranking system instead of just a challenge ladder.

maybe, if that works out, something similar could be applied to team games..
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

It's just that with more and more players joining, if we have every team playing every other team, although in theory it wouldn't take any longer, the reality is that it would.

I guess one way around that is that as various players lose interest, we could have forced recombinations as we go. Eg, a player each from team A and B loses interest, haven't played a turn for say 10 days, the remaining players from A & B have to combine to form team J (at this rate), which takes on the games of A & B (except the A vs B game of course, which is removed from the League), and if they end up playing more games their total points are divided by the ratio of the number of games they played vs the number of games everyone else played....

Or some such

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik
          ... and if they end up playing more games their total points are divided by the ratio of the number of games they played vs the number of games everyone else played....

Or some such
          better leave the math to the experts.

Comment

Well, let's say there are 7 teams. If we went with my suggestion to have only a single 1 vs. 1 game going at a time with each team, that would mean each player would have only 3 1 vs. 1 games going at once, and 6 2 vs. 2 games, which as we all know only show up in your inbox twice a week, at best. Sounds like a decent pace to me.
            Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
            - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

and the second 1 on 1 game, as rickety suggested, could start once the first is finished.
              did i mention i like the revenge aspect these games would get this way ?

Comment

Yes, I think you did mention that. I still agree with you.

So it looks like the structure of the new superleague is beginning to emerge. I think the scoring system we used last season worked pretty well, can anyone think of something that might need tweaking?
                Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
                - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

We could always use an NFL/MLB style league (e.g. American and National leagues, with this winners of each conference playing in the main challenge).

Should we do this this season, then next season have two divisions?

Comment

room for more? I'd like to get in if your not full
                    Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind...ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!

Comment

No such thing as full around here!

Comment

Updated list of possible entrants (p for possible [i.e. not posted in this thread]).

Hatschy(p)
                        david42one
                        checkMate
                        ricketyclik
                        mathemagician
                        Pave
                        pacman
                        Protoss72000
                        yoda
                        Dr. Doom (p)
                        FlameFlash
                        Nimrod
                        Frozzy
                        gumpold

Assuming I haven't unintentionally left anyone out, that's 14 (7 teams).

What I propose is this:

Two conferences:
                        3 teams in one, 4 teams in the other. Teams to be randomly drawn (to keep it fair). Same point scroing as last time, using Mathemagician's table. The winners of each conference play in a 2x2 match for the final, winner takes all.

Anyone in agreement?

Comment

doesnt matter to me
                          :)

Comment

did you mean team pairings randomly drawn, frozzy, or team distribution over the leagues ?
                            i was looking forward to playing with rickety.

actually i'd like it more to have one league for all teams, but that might be too many games for some...

we could stick to only 2v2 games though..

Comment

Well, in that case, I say 1 league, 2x2 games only, same points as last time.

I still would prefer random pairings, but then it's a democracy

Comment

on the other hand 1v1 games would make it more interesting too, with 2v2 games for 2 match points and 1v1 games with 1 match point for the winner...

tough decision, even for a mathocracy ..er.. did you say democracy ? sorry

i'd say we wait for some others to 'vote'.

Comment

Working...
                                X