Can SLIC do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can SLIC do this?

This is an idea first posted by wheatin back in June. The idea is simple, speed up city improvements for cities founded late in the game!

------------------------------------------
    "Topic: City Improvement obsolescence: does it work?"

"I know the flag is in the Improve.txt file, but does anybody know what it does? Does the improvement just vanish, does it still exist but not funciton (i.e. it could still be sold), or does it continue to function but just not appear in the build lists?

My idea: late in the game, new cities take forever to get up to speed because of all the improvements they need. Cities founded after about 1750 are just not worth it, which, given the obvious example of the US, is a bunch of hooey. So, replace the early improvements with "City Service packages" that can be constructed more quickly. With, say Mass production, you can build a new "Town Services" improvement which includes all the functions of Granary, Aqueduct, Temple, Bazaar, Courthouse, Mill, and Academy. Its cost is much lower, allowing a new city to "catch up", although the upkeep might be roughly the same. All of those imps would go obsolete, but I need to know what "obsolete" means for the game.
    Later, with maybe Arcologies or a Diamond-age tech, you can build a "City Services" imp which bundles Coliseums, banks, Factories, Universities, and a few other modern-age imps."

For the full thread http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum11/HTML/000254.html?
    wheatin
    ------------------------------------------

To obsolete an improvement WILL make it vanish (like barracks in Civ1).
    So, can it be done with SLIC?

This is what I would like to be able to do:

Combine the functions of buildings A, B and C in a new building Z.
    If city has any one or combination of buildings A, B and C then it cannot build Z.

I don't know SLIC but I've notice in the list compiled by Dutcheese ( http://apolyton.net/ctp/modification...unctions.shtml ) these functions
    KillBuildingFromBuildList
    IsBuildingInBuildList
    CityHasBuilding
    Would these be any good?

On a different subject is it possible to have a wonder work a set number of game turns?

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited October 08, 1999).]

*bump*
    [This message has been edited by Nordicus (edited November 09, 1999).]
    Existence is Futile.

Comment

*bump*
      Existence is Futile.

Comment

Hi Nordicus,
        I see I'm not the only one who's recently been going through old posts. But what I fail to see is this: why do you bump into these old threads all the time (this isn't the first time)? I don't mind or anyting, but I'm just curious. Most of it isn't that interesting.

Locutus
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus:
          Fair question
          I do it to keep the subject of Slic fresh, for one reason. About a month ago, no one I saw was posting anything about it...it seemed to be a deceased subject....I guess I bump these also so that new CTPers can have a look as well, maybe some of them have knowledge of or interest in Slic.
          Ya never know!
          [/mystery solved]

Later!

T.
          Existence is Futile.

Comment

What exactly is *bump*

Dan

(Probably not the right place to post this, sorry!)
            [This message has been edited by DanMc (edited December 17, 1999).]
            Just a thought......

Comment

Dan,

Bumping refers to posting a reply to a thread in order to keep it active and at the top of the list of posts. It doesn't have anything to do with adding information to the thread, thus when people do this they tend to just say 'Bump...'.

Don
              Don,
              CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

To follow the greats... *bump*
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                X