• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I did what Nordicus said and chaned profile.txt to:

Numplayers = 32
    DefaultCivIndex = 32
    CivIndex = 32
    MaxPLayers=9

When I load a new game, I'm still only given the option of 8 civilisations!

Am I missing something?

BTW, thanks Locutus for the advice on getting rid of lawyers and corporate branches, the AI seems perfectly capable without them.

Comment

You should not change profile.txt, but userprofile.txt which can be found in ...\ctp_program\ctp

Comment

Mike,

All you HAVE to change is NumPlayers=xx where xx is the number of players you want. Nothing else has to be changed. When you start the game it will still say 8 Civs. Don't touch this or you will abend the game. The game will actually have the number of players you specified.
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Ahh! Changing userprofile.txt had the desired effect! Thanks Paul.

Skorpion, once this file was changed to Numplayers=32, starting a new game showed no. of civs as 31 on the load screen.

Now, I must mail Nordicus for his changed colours mod, as at least thirteen civs are sharing colours!

Comment

the alternate set of civ colors is great, and it makes the map much more colorful. i just hope that you're not colorbline... i am, and i have a hell of a time figuring out who is who
            it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

You get 31 civs because the last one is always the Barbarians.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike WallBTW, thanks Locutus for the advice on getting rid of lawyers and corporate branches, the AI seems perfectly capable without them.

Glad I could help

[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited February 18, 2000).]
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes, Mike, when taking advice from me, it's best to get a second opinion

Existence is Futile.

Comment

Hey, what happened to that unintelligible conversation that was going on in here? C'mon, we have to keep these threads alive here, no matter what language they're in

j/k

Tom.
                    Existence is Futile.

Comment

Originally posted by WesW
                      You get 31 civs because the last one is always the Barbarians.
                      My next question is how to have this available in Multiplayer, so I could have say 24 spots..for a big whoop-the-ai-fest!

Any directions?

Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                      X