Adding more than 8 civs & Pollution button in the cheat mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding more than 8 civs & Pollution button in the cheat mode

I have been searching through the archives looking for a way to change the number of civs in the game from eight to a larger number. I have heard people talking about playing games with 32 civs. Can someone tell me what file to modify.

Also, how does the pollution button work in the cheat mode/editior. I have played with it by increasing and decreasing the number but the pollution levels still are not affected.

Thanks for the help

Hello, Sontusa...

To max out the civs, go to "profile.txt" in your ctp_data/default/gamedata folder.

You'll have to change it to this:

NumPlayers= 32

And I change these as well:

DefaultCivIndex= 32
    CivIndex= 32

Further down, you'll see this:

# If MaxPlayers > 0, revolts will add new civilizations up to MaxPlayers,
    # otherwise they will only add civilizations when there are fewer than you
    # started with.

MaxPlayers= 9

I have mine set at 9, so when I conquer one of the 32, the next revolt or such will produce a new civ rather than some moronic barbarian...

I have a colors file which has new inputs for Players (unique color for each of the 32, no repeats in color), but I told Markos to place minor importance on posting it, so likely it's not in the downloads section. Email me and I'll send it to you.

Later.

T.
    Existence is Futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordicus on 01-15-2000 04:42 PM
      And I change these as well:

DefaultCivIndex= 32
      CivIndex= 32
      What does that do then?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus,

DefaultCivIndex is the default Civ the game picks when you start a new game. The index used is civilisation.txt in the default\gamedata folder. Both mine are set at 2 because I generally play as the Americans (0=Barbarians, 1=Greek, 2=American, ....).

Don't know about CivIndex but it always seems to be the same as DefaultCivIndex so I just make it whatever I make the Default.

Nordicus, I would of thought yours would be set to 12 for Russian. My 32 is Incan.

Don
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Thanx for the info, Don, I can set mine to the Dutch

Comment

As far as I know civindex is the civ you played in your last game. If you have one civ you always play and have set that one as default then the two would be the same. In my case that is 14 (Dutch)

Comment

Goh Paul,
              Ik wist niet dat jij ook een Nederlander was, ik dacht dat ik alleen was (nu Dutcheese weg is)

Comment

Ik weet dat er toen CTP net uit was meer Nederlanders waren, maar die zijn nu allemaal weg. Maar misschien zijn er hier wel Nederlanders waar we alleen nog niet van weten dat ze Nederlanders zijn.

Comment

Ik zou tegen iedereen die dit kan lezen willen zeggen: reageer ff, dan weten we dat je er bent

For those of you who don't speak Dutch:
                  Never mind us, guys, we're just being silly

Comment

No problem, I speak Dutch and will translate.

Locutus: Hey Paul. You play Dutch too. Have you been to Netherland and do you speak Dutch?

Paul: Why yes, my Aunt Bertha lives there. BTW, this Dutch thing is far more fun than giving advise all the time. Shall we continue?

Locutus: Great idea! Just think of all the things we can say and not get kicked off Apolyton for saying it.

Just kidding guys.

I thought I would inject a little humor to give our English-only audience something to read.

------------------
                    Don, Apolyton Junkie

Don,
                    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

LOL! Very funny, Don.
                      Only I mentioned the name Dutcheese in my post, but I don't see it back in your translation

Paul,
                      wat is die vent een mafkees he?

[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited January 19, 2000).]

Comment

Great thread, guys!

Locutus, Don, hey...
                        I have Russia as 32 in my altered files, so that's why. Geez, I don't even think about it, just set everything to 32--easy number to remember!
                        Good point.
                        Existence is Futile.

Comment

Volgens mij heeft Don zitten slapen tijdens zijn cursus Nederlands voor beginners.

Comment

Dat zal het wel zijn ja, of hij heel wel heel weinig talent voor vreemde talen

Comment

Hey...

Ik dacht waar we alleen voor tijdens?

How much sense did that make? Any?
                              Existence is Futile.

Comment

Working...
                              X