This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh no problem Birdman
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

That is a good point Maestro, here are some ideas.

With summer comming substituting may become more common.

1. have people put the name of the game and turn number in the subject part of the email

2. if possible have them put to whom you (the subber) are to send the turn next plus email address

3. subbers put the name of the player you played for and whom it is going to (email address for confirmation in the game thread only) in the email and in the game thread.

Just a thought...

Blackice

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Yeah, it works slick and helps out alot if the person who is going to leave, (or if in a game with keygan, keygan will usually do it , leaves the address of the subber in the text part of the email, and who needs to send it to that address.

It may seem a little redundant and micromanagey, but it makes it yeti proof, err I mean "idiot" proof so to speak. For example in World, when I got my turn it had as text: Yeti, send your turn to "whatever maestro's email was".

If that wasnt there, i would have mailed it to starvos, and only realized my error till i posted the turn. Plus some folks don't always post their turn here, so it could go for days...

Comment

Away from friday morning (GMT time) to sunday afternoon (2½ day total).

I'm not sure what I want - many of my games are hot or at least warm, so I would prefer to play myself.

But if some insist, I try to find a sub in these games (Blackice and/or Franses and/or Jon and/or Frazer I hope).

I do not want to be nexted!!!!!! Wait for me or say I need a sub.

Max/Bird
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Franses could sub you in Team Spirit, with no harm.
            As for World Scenario I can wait for you .
            Are we both playing in any other game? Nooo. I hope soon then

Comment

Franses could not - He HAVE TO. That's the rules
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Indeed!
                Man, are we simultaneously talking in two topics?

Comment

Yep!

Gandhi

Comment

Franses herewith officially states that he will take his responsibility and play any Teamspirit turn that arrives at his location.

Have a nice time Birdman. I will try hard to see to it that the Mayans still exist if you return.

If you want me to do some special magic feel free to send me a mail.
                    [This message has been edited by Franses (edited April 24, 2001).]
                    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I'm away for 1 week... Could you please forward any turns to kris.maes@planetinternet.be for the next 7 days...

Thanks

Stavros

Comment

Back - ready to play in 2-3 hours.

Gandhi

Comment

I'll be in vacation : I won't be able to play from may the 5th to 8th.

Concerned games : Strife and TeamHorses.

[This message has been edited by ZoboZeWarrior (edited May 03, 2001).]
                          Zobo Ze Warrior
                          --
                          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

I can sub you in TeamHorses. I would love to see, how "my" game is going.....

Gandhi

Comment

Always nice to have Birdman in a game. So, no problem with me.
                              Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

No probs with me, Bird. Just, my ally is quinns. So he had to play at my place if I cannot. So just ask him if he agrees. Maybe ask people playing Teamhorses too ?

Zobo Ze Warrior
                                --
                                Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Working...
                                X