No announcement yet.

Just for the civ 2 users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not many tools needed. Just replace the background colors woth transparent and save as .xpm (Which may be a problem for windows users). Then you want to copy the fallout icon from the freeciv hires tiles into the same position.

The easy way is then to just replace the hires graphics files in data/hires with the civ 2 ones.
    If you are feeling creative you can also create a new directory data/civ2gfx and put the civ 2 gfx files in there, copy the *.spec files from data/hires/ into data/civ2gfx/ . Then go through the *.spec files in the new directory and simply change all occurences of "hires" to "civ2gfx". Lastly, copy data/hires.tilespec to data/civ2gfx.tilespec, and change all occurences of "hires" in that file to "civ2gfx".
    Now you can start the client as "civclient --tiles=civ2gfx".
    (this descriptions of course works for all civ 2 tilesets.)
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I am trying to get the client to use the isometric code, but everytime I run it it say the client does not support it.
      (159)-> ./civ --tiles=hires
      1: Client does not support isometric tilesets. Using default tileset instead.
      2: Using fallback resources - which is OK
      (160)->

I have the latest code 1.11.5 from the cvs repository and I have the hires tileset.
      So what am I missing? Is there a compile option that I missed?
      Thanks.

Comment

rur, the isometric tiles only work for the GTK+ client at the moment. What platform and client are you using?

Comment

Your right, I had problems installing GTK on my machine, long story. It's there but I think freeciv didn't catch it, so it defaulted to xaw.
          Let me try to fix that.
          I am using Red Hat 6.0 and I thought it was the gtk client, but I bet it was the xaw client.

Thanks.

Comment

nice screenshot!

Comment

I've converted the civ2 terrain files and units file, but what do you do with the cities and icons? Hires seems to have a center row of city tiles, do you need those? The civ2 wonder icons are also at different places(it seems) than the hires tileset's.

P.S. The way the minimap and main window are off kilter can really mess you up when you're trying to send units a long distance.

Comment

No, the middle row is not used.

And will people please make new topics instead of putting everything into this one thread...
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Working...
                X