Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To paraphrase Monty Python, "I'm not quite dead yet!" The long sabbatical is over, and the Web Site just received a major update today. New and/or Refurbished models include:
    - Government (w/ downloadable Excel Worksheet)
    - Social
    - Riots (Rodrigo, I REALLY think this should be renamed "Revolutions")
    - Climate/Ecology
    - Disasters
    - Demo 5 Central
    - Map AI

Coming soon are updates to:
    - Coding
    - Web Site FAQ
    - Clash Team

Dominic is working on a new Web Site concept which involves two different sections: A new "Here's Clash!" page which is targeted for newcomers and those with only a general interest and the existing "Working Site" for Team Members and those who really want to dig deep into the Clash Universe.

If anyone has requests or new ideas, feel free to fire away!

[This message has been edited by Kull (edited June 23, 2000).]
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Great! Thanks Kull and Dom

See 'ya in a couple weeks...
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Kull:

Great job on the update. When I came in thru the Apolyton main page I saw your new headlines. They are a good advertisement, but I think they exceed the limit. You may not remember but there was a limit of something like 6-7 lines imposed per hosted page... You might just want to kill all the really old headlines in the headlines file. That would make us more or less in compliance.

Cya,

Mark
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Good to see the web page moving!
          [This message has been edited by roquijad (edited June 25, 2000).]

Comment

Great job, Kull!

Just one thing... the link to the riots model is not working...

About changing the name for the riots model, you're maybe right. I really don't have much love for its current name...

Rodrigo

Comment

Kull, have you been getting any of my e-mails? It seems like they never go through. I might be sending to the wrong address; what address should I use to e-mail you a spreadsheet file to post on the technology section?

Comment

A few little requests:

The Climate/Ecology model will not be in Demo 5, so it shouldn't be on the demo 5 page.

Could you label the Climate/Ecology model as "Ecology"? That is what we call it on the forum and I don't want people to get confused and think it is not on the website.

My old e-mail address, the one used on the web page, no longer exists. My new e-mail is brunsr@conninc.com

Could you put some spreadsheets and their instruction file available for download on the web page? If my e-mails haven't been getting through, you can get the files from LGJ.

Comment

A few minor updates:

Rodrigo: The link to the Riots Model is fixed. If you do want to change the name to "Revolutions Model", say the word and I'll make the adjustment.

Richard: Your new email address has been added and the model name changed from "Climate" to "Ecology". The Excel spreadsheets aren't working so please send them again (they are completely blank). If you put all three in a zip file, maybe they'll arrive uncorrupted.

NOTE: I was out of town for the past two weeks, so my apologies on the delayed response.
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Kull: I think we should go for the change of name, but probably it'll be better for the next updated versions of the 3 models. The reason is the documents contain references to the "riots model", so if we change just the name and don't update those refrences, it may lead to confusion. Now, if you feel like changing the name and updating references....

Comment

Working...
                    X