Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The script language and the Clash program engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The script language and the Clash program engine.

1. The most important trigger functions: BeginTurn, BeginXPlayerTurn, EndXPlayerTurn, EndTurn, PlayerUnitDefeated, PlayerAreaOccupied, PlayerDefeated, PlayerWin, UnitMove, LandUnitMove, SeaUnitMove, AirUnitMove, UnitMoveXYField, WonderReadyNextTurn, WonderReady, BuildingReadyNextTurn,BuildingReady, UnitReady, Hunger, LowFund, DiplomaticMessageArrived, DiplomaticMessageSent. If you have new ideas please let me know!
    2. We must built-in a control function to check if we need to call a trigger script (it has user code) or not (empty). IMO the best to check it in the start procedure, and store it in a boolean array.
    3. We need to declare an interface with the most important variable values. These values are copies of the original values in the game engine. A copy program will copy the real values from the engine to the dummy scripts variables, and copy back (with value control!). We need to provide also a few read only values too.
    4. We must implement a flexible MessageBox function too. The game engine and the user script can call this function. IMO we need four different type of them:
    (1) normal MessageBox(„Your capital is defeated!”)
    (2) radiobuttons MessageBoxR(„Your XY units are too weak! You want to:”, Upgrade them, Disband them, Do nothing) : number
    (3) value MessageBoxV(„Which year you want to start the game?”, number) : number
    (4) MessageBoxC(„You realy want to disband this unit?”) : boolean
    5. I just cannot detect the entire possible user programming problems with the scripts. (I.e. endless cycles, etc.) So the user has a freedom to write perfect scenarios or they can defect the system too.
    6. I have a few ideas about the important data values for the users: (map data file, users data file, technology tree, turns, wonders, units, buildings) If you have new ideas please let me know!

Blade Runner

[This message has been edited by Blade Runner (edited March 14, 2000).]
    Blade

Hi Blade Runner!

This looks reasonable to me, although my brains are admittedly mushy at this point. You might want to look in the Civ3 list and suggestions area and see if they have any additional good suggestions there for trigger types etc.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
    X