Demo 5 Military model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo 5 Military model

Ok, In terms of the stuff I think we can have ready for demo 5 here is the list

I. The actual battle resolution system that Kerenske and I are hacking out as I speak. This a reasonably involved modular battle system applicable to any time period. I will post it as soon as we have got it together.

II. A unit structure system: This will detail how units are created and how they are structured. This will probably be an incomplete picture of the final version of this but it's a good first step

III. A Strategic movement, moving armies around on the map system. I think that Mark, and Korn have a reasonable idea of what they want to do here so hopefully it can be implemented.

IV. A rough supply system. This will incorporate things such as depots and supply effects in various time periods. Again this will be a rough version, and will probably be modified in the future.

-Harli

The Clash Graphics team (particularly the John-John duo) is working on some new unit icons for Demo 5. Are there any specific requests for this Demo? Keep in mind that there is only enough time before the Demo 5 release date to produce about 5 icons...
    Paul

Comment

On III.

I haven't heard from korn469. If he continues to be unavailable I will cobble something quick and dirty together on III and post it for the usual abuse .

How is the model coming? I can't code it all in a weekend, so please try to get something up soon.

Personally i vote to just keep supply at the "civ magically teleports whatever is needed to the TFs for now". Talking about it is great, but I doubt I would be able to implement anything more sophisticated for Demo 5 anyway.
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Um, wroking on it with kernske, hopefully I can get something to you soon...

As for graphics... Um, whatever you guys really wanna make... Keep in mind we are modeiling armies and not individual units on the screen... But other than that I really don't have too much input at this point.

-Harli

Comment

Working...
        X