Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Hi jacobo:

Well, up until now people have just been posting on their particular issue. Then if there's interest in it usually people will post under that topic. Also, many of the "new" topics have already been discussed, and posters just haven't taken the time to search and find them. I am guilty of this too... I guess I'm just afraid that if we start a "miscellaneous" thread that at some point it won't get posts for ten days, and will disappear from most peoples viewing horizon. It helps to find the those threads that are more than ten days old if you set the "topic history length" box to "show all topics". For example, your comment on independently tracking national currencies could well go in the latest economic system thread.

Anyway, on your question, I already thought about it, and decided it was probably too complicated an issue for a game of this scope. It was in the "spec" at one point, but I killed it. I don't know if you read the economic model, but I've tied to the currency value to one unit of production in the services sector. I really don't want to get into countries needing gold reserves to back their currency etc. If you feel strongly about the issue, and would like to write up a proposal on how to implement your idea within the basic economic model, I'd certainly be willing to give it another look.

Mark

Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Suggestion

I suggest you make a section in this forum for people to give little things they think would be interesting, but are not neccisarilly important.

To begin I suggest that countries get there own currency which could have different exchange rates with each other. This would affect international trade. Also it could model inflation and other things. I know this is vague but I think it would be interesting.
    "I would perfer not to"
    -Bartleby
    "Bartleby" by Herman Melville

Comment

One of those "little interesting things that arnt too important."

If you have a tax rate to collect money (I cant think of any other way :P), have the ability to tax certain areas differently (i dont know how you divided areas up).

If you dont have anything bigger than tiles: Tile:Area:Province:Continent:World
      I figure an area the size of Europe would be 4-5 provinces. Or maybe it would be more like 8 but larger areas like Asia would have bigger provinces (or even simply like Risk). These could be defined and named (as in you/we pick em and not the user). Players could fight for provinces. As many cities as you could fit could be built in a province but to figure out who "controls" it would be by picking a city to be the "capital" of that province (like a state capital compared to Washiongton D.C.) I thought an area could be about the size of a U.S. state (Colorado not Rhode Island). A province would be like saying the "South" or "Midwest." These are all just my ideas of course, I just meant to type 2-3 sentences but ended up with this :P. I'll try to think up something for govt, economy.

------------------
      -=Illmuri=-
      -=Illmuri=-

Comment

Working...
      X