No announcement yet.

Civiliza Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which would be better to come first for civiliza, scenario support or diplomacy support?

Comment

also i really want to get some options on that mostly empty setup screen.

anyone have suggestions for options you would like to be able to set that will affect just about any part of gameplay?

also.... if i add scenario support soon would anyone be will to make some scenarios or possibly suggest scenarios you would like to see

Comment

Screnario's would be nice. But I would prefer diplomacy.

As for options, The more the merrier.

Screnario's, what about WOII, The US civil War and the korean War. Also the Falklands war might be interesting.

Comment

Ok, I decided to tackle both of them. You're right about diplomacy coming first though, it only makes sense because diplomacy will bring be required for a lot of the scenarios (Well, at least the ability to lock teams and have alliances).

Depending on how much I decide to accomplish, the next version should be out by mid-November.

Multiplayer will not function correctly. I just want to get these new features in, so I'll update the multiplayer code later (perhaps when people start wanting to play MP).

The Civliza Map and Scenario Creator (or whatever i end up calling it) will be released with the game, and you will be able to create, you guessed it: maps and scenarios. This is easily the best and easiest editor I've ever made (although that doesn't say much). One interesting thing is that I decided to go with a top-down view instead of isometric for the editor, so you can see more and also get a better sense of the world you are developing. I will post a screen of the editor soon.

The game will be released with about 3 scenarios included. These will be quickly made, mostly untested scenarios that will be phased out by better, user created scenarios.

Aside from cities and units, scenarios will have features only available to them and you will also be able to save game rules, set civ attitudes and treaties, and make custom map sizes).

Comment

i am on a roll right now

the list of revisions is already huge, with some of the things mentioned being huge revisions in themselves (air units, diplomacy, scenarios...).

the list continues... i will be working very hard to get this out soon, but it won't be out until it is ready.

Comment

Ok, it is mid-november but I guess this could be done anywhere from now until the end of the month..

Comment

Here is an early look at the map and scenario editor.
                Attached Files

Comment

just made my first scenario for the game. it was a test scenario, but i can tell this will be awesome once i get the scenario rules editing built into the editor (and some other things i have planned).

the scenarios that are likely to be included are:
                  American Civil War (large scale)
                  Either the Korean War or Vietnam (small scale)
                  D-Day (small scale)
                  WW2 (large scale)
                  Battle of Britain (small scale)

Obviously, some of these would require sea units, which are not in the game yet (mainly D-Day and WW2). Hopefully I can get sea units in before release, but I might release it early without them (and the scenarios that rely on them).

Keep in mind that these scenarios will be quickly made by myself and only roughly tested. I will be replacing the scenarios with user-made scenarios as they become available. I would very much appreciate help in this area, and I will give credit for submitted work.

Comment

more screen shots are available in a civ2-scenario related thread here (including the new diplomacy/treaty setup menu, which is interesting http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...22#post1457347

(for those of you who didn't come from there and haven't seen the shots)

Comment

new version, new gameplay, new art, new name. soon. within days
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by neonext; November 21, 2002, 22:01.

Comment

release will be late Dec 2nd night

5 items must be completed before release. plus final items added on by intense last day in-house testing sessions.

plan on giving this a try on Tuesday. all the testers ended up playing past the testing schedule and on their own free time for fun. one of them ended up playing all night long
                        Last edited by neonext; December 2, 2002, 01:25.

Comment

Civliza now finally has a new name!

Global Contention

Comment

Working...
                          X