No announcement yet.

Civiliza Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I can understand that, but if you look at the badly needed features list up at the top, which ones do you think need to be added to the game first?"

Well what you should do next you can decide best, you need to implement everything. I personally would like to play your game with air/sea units and diplomacy but that is just me.

My own next project I am trying to concentrate on getting the graphical/gui stuff done then the gameplay mechanics then the things like ai, diplomacy and tech. At least that is my plan

Comment

press 'z' for goto command

does yours display similar to this in 'kings and knights' nebula? or does it not show the turns it takes?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nebula
        air/sea units and diplomacy but that is just me.
        i agree with you tho. diplomacy will take awhile and will be kind of tough, but it will be worth it in the end. Air units will be the coolest i think, i'm going to make it so fighters stay on the board like bombers, so massive air battles are possible.
        I've never tackled transports before, and Civiliza never had good ship warfare. (then again civiliza was never multiplayer, so who knows)
        My own next project I am trying to concentrate on getting the graphical/gui stuff done then the gameplay mechanics then the things like ai, diplomacy and tech. At least that is my plan
        we'll be watching, keep us informed

Comment

"does yours display similar to this in 'kings and knights' nebula? or does it not show the turns it takes?"

No the goto feature is still quite primitive. It only shows a modified mouse pointer after you press the goto key. I do plan on working on it more. No visual info for the goto feature is planned yet. Your method is inspiring though. I did something similair in a game which source I lost in a hd crash.

Comment

I downloaded the latest update :

Here are my notes :

When I want select a destination for my active unit the screen is centered to the active unit. This way I cannot send a unit far away. Also management of cities will not be possible when the active unit is centered upon. I am not sure on how to solve this though.

Next I noticed after playing for 15 minutes or so that the goto feature stopped working. It showed the red line but when I clicked it just did not move.

Great job btw, the gameplay reminds me of rts games.

Comment

Neonext:

I had the keypress delays as well. It doesn't happen all the time though. Sometimes I'd have to press it three or four times.

This is on my work laptop:
              P3-600
              64MB Ram
              Win2K

BTW, how usefull did you find the tech tree?

Comment

i haven't got a whole lot of use out of it yet, but that's only because i'm still debugging the current tech tree.

i never saw any CtP tech trees till now, i'm surprised how linear it is, reminds me of AoE or something

Comment

The second update to Civiliza will be available for download soon . The first update was more of a quick-fix with minor bug fixes and tweaks, this update will be a significant addition to the game and brings the entire project one nice step closer to completion.
                  Last edited by neonext; December 2, 2002, 07:54.

Comment

"options are always a good thing"

can't wait till the screen is full of them...
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok i'm delaying the release for awhile longer, but it will be nice when it's done and i urge u all to try it when it's finally out. it will look very different and it will play very different.
                      Last edited by neonext; October 25, 2002, 01:54.

Comment

Great, looking forward to testing the new version

Comment

currently i have it so fighters can only attack air units, up until stealth fighters which can attack both air and land. i'm thinking this doesn't make much sense and i should just change all the fighters to air and land.

or... i could make it so that all fighters do say 50% damage to land units and 100% damage to air units. and the opposite for bombers.

whatcha think nebula?

Comment

I think it depends on the fighter. A F15 ain't going to do much damage to land units at Mache2, but a German Stuka Ju-86 is going to cause a lot in its divebomb. Matter of opinion. Also, the Harrier is known to do a lot of damage. Though it may pay to have "infantry" units with a +50% air defense (hide in cover) whereas buildings/vehicles will take the full brunt. That'd be what I'd do.

Comment

an F15 can certainly do a lot of damage to ground forces, especially the later models. Maybe not at Mache2 but in normal circumstances I believe it can play the role of a fighter-bomber, as can many fighters. Since the units are so generalized in this game, I'm leaning towards classifying all the fighters as some sort of fighter-bomber.

Comment

New Screen Shot Time

This is Civ like you've never seen before. Air battles have never really been a part of the Civ series, but in post-industrial-era Civiliza you will find the world full of air supremacy battles, bombing runs, and key paradropping strategies. As an added incentive for paradrops with helicopters, they come stocked with troops when you build them. Here you can see 3 AI players involved in a war where aircraft are certainly making a difference. Russia is being over-run by paradrops from India and Greece.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by neonext; October 30, 2002, 21:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X