No announcement yet.

Gold, Guns & Glory Wishlist 1: Inventions and Discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's odd, the jre should have almost nothing to do with your browser...

It installs a plugin IIRC, but we're running Clash as an application. Anyway there is a section under "Attention:" on the download page that allows for diagnosing any problems if you feel like trying it again. I'm always pushing this because more early feedback from player can help us avoid design problems like IMO were committed on Civ3.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Some time back I tried a cople other browsers. Netscape 666 is a tool of the devil. Didn't care for another one I tried. So I got a complete 4.79 download from ZDNet, uninstalled everything, and put it in. I reinstalled 1.3.0_01.

But since I wasn't hanging around Apolyton I didn't try any Clash demos. I guess we really should move this discussion over to the Clash forum instead of hijacking this GGG thread…
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
        CT: When does the game end? (1600-?)
        My current plans are ~1900AD, but this is still open to revision.
        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
          ComTrib, you have a website or something with more info about GGG??
          Sorry, no, but there are 2 other threads in this forum with a little information, and I am going to post more, soon.
          Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Everson
            Hey guys what's with all the comments and requests? CT talked about this for maybe a week or two about six months ago, and that's the last evidence of any effort on his part. I think you're talking to the void . His last post here was in January...

I only commented because this area gets so little traffic that when I see a post in the forum I usually check it out. And coming over to see people discussing a dead horse is a little disappointing

Not trying to pick on anyone, just calling 'em as I see 'em. I always expect CT to stop by at some point and either declare some progress or close the thing out .

Cya,

Mark
            It´s only 5 months, not 6.

Don´t write me off, yet. I never promised to hurry.

Comment

Hi CT!

I'm really looking forward to GGG, which will no doubt be ready for the important pre-Christmas sales period of 2034!

-Mark
              Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
              A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
              Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Everson
                Hi CT!

I'm really looking forward to GGG, which will no doubt be ready for the important pre-Christmas sales period of 2034!

-Mark
                Hi, Mark!

Well, Western Civilization might actually depart before my game is ready, but never mind, observing our Civ self-destruct will increase my understanding, making for an even more realistic game.

Comment

Working...
                X