No announcement yet.

Beyond Alpha Centauri:::::::Discussion Thread 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess then that Sovereign will have little trouble in getting himself a quantum computer!
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      You can add that it was also a Byzantine title for a ruler.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

You can add that it was also a Byzantine title for a ruler.

I didn't think anyone caught that! Change noted and added.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I guess then that Sovereign will have little trouble in getting himself a quantum computer!
          Yes, even if he does jump on the bandwagon seven hundred odd years late...

Comment

As science fiction writers, we now have to work overtime to keep up with reality!
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

As science fiction writers, we now have to work overtime to keep up with reality!
              That's the drawback with following the example of Arthur C. Clarke.

Comment

Mr. President-a Serra (sp?) Angel as an avatar? I'm more partial to Blue myself.....haven't played in years though. Counterspell decks are so much fun!

Comment

Oh my God! You know the Serra Angel! I didn't suspect you because you never joined in the Magic threads in the OT or Other Games. Cool!

I usually play green myself, but usually just against my sister since I'm not really involved with the local Magic community. We don't have a great number of cards, and I've been looking to buy a couple of boosters; unfortunately, it's very hard to find around here.

And Counterspell decks are fun, as long as you're the one dishing it out.
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Oh yeah I know some Magic: The Gathering. I used to play it about 4~6 years ago. I think they were on 5th edition. Legends just came out along with some of the other expansions.....but it got ridiculous so my firends and i stopped.

We all had our different colors and different decks. My friends was Weenie Black. 4 Bad Moons, will-o-wisps, and skeletons. Along w/Zombies and Zombie Master. I was Counterspell Guy. I had so many different variations of the counterspell that no one could cast anything! All I had were Prodigal Sorcerers (I think that's what they were called) and used them to zap away at my opponents.

Green is fun when you have a whole bunch walls and a lot of Stream-of-Lifes. I got up to 100 hitpoints before my friend conceded.

Comment

oh, the reason i never joined the magic threads is because, like i said, i haven't played in ages!

I'd be an old fart, saying the same old stuff over and over again.

Comment

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

So Kass, how about nuking Earth (EC would finally leave us alone ) nyah, nyah, nyah...

Sovereign, please check your PMs.

Sprayber, please respond: which star-systems are available near UCS space? Plase give me a good name!
                          ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                          ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Cybergod-- That's what Morgan wants to do when the Peace Conference take a...(deep, suspenseful voice)...DRAMATIC TURN. Sadly, he's just got to be content with causing some nice trouble in Tranquil City...ahahahahahahahahahhaha!
                            Empire growing,
                            Pleasures flowing,
                            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

History (and everyone) I have reached a deal with Sovereign that we evacuate our colonists to a new world, a new system all to ourselves (along with Scions, who are welcome to join us, along with any AIs or extra-terrestrials ), near UCS territory. We will sign an alliance will UCS which will allow us to trade tech/energy etc but also station a small UCS fleet in our territory for early protection.

If Morgan proposes something, he should air it.... now!
                              ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                              ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Oh yes, sounds like a plan to rid Sol of the Scions. Good. The TA mess will piss them majorly off.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X