I've got an idea for a story, would someone care to write it :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarah Jaydo's Journal
    Why have we come to the stars? Why didn’t we surrender when we had the chance? Are we so blind, that we believe this new world will be different, immune to suffering and crime and violence?
    The Unity mission was a feeble candle flickering in a blasted night. We rode this illusion into the sky, and now we will die here, or, perhaps worse, die on Planet. Those of us onboard rode an illusion into the night; those who stayed behind took their chances on a dying world.
    As for now, we continue to do what humans have always done. We eat, sleep, make love, hone our skills, pass the time. And deep down we wait for someone, some special human, to rise above it all and make the thousands of years of history, of suffering, all worth it. To enlighten us, by which I mean end our pain, heal our wounds, take away the uncertainty.
    But I have seen the sweep of history, and we are no better off now than we have ever been. Just more aware. Planet will be no different.
    Unless...
    Journey to Centauri

I look forward to seeing your story Kass
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign

Leave it to Kass, the Master of Writing!

By the way, Alinestra Covelia, who's that girl avatar? She seems familiar somehow, a cartoon or a book or something?
      It's anime; looks almost like one of the characters from Sailor Moon. To me, anyway.

Believe it or not, that passage from Journey to Centauri surprised me when I first read it. Until that point, I thought that if anyone was going to kill Garland it would have been Santiago.

Bring on the story!
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I look forward to seeing your story Kass
        Urhem. Since Captain Garland won't die, it wasn't necessarily Sarah Jaydo who tried to kill him. But thanks for pointing that out; I was going to check Journey about this.

Stop giving me any pressure. I shouldnt've read this thread at all.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Note that Garland doesn't actually die in the Ely fiction! It's only assumed that he does, because the Unity falls apart and he doesn't turn up in any known escape pod.

Imagine if he'd really made it out with a handful of good recruits and wants to take over the UNITY mission again!

What a story that would be - all the faction leaders suddenly find that their right to lead has been stripped as the rightful leader returns! Even Lal would have to stand down as the leader of the UNP and give it back to Garland!

Sprayber - as for my avatar, she's the same green-haired girl that I had for an avatar earlier. The character comes from a Japanese anime series called "Urusei Yatsura" (lit. "Those Noisy Aliens") and the character herself is an alien princess named Lum (or sometimes Lamu).

If any of you have seen Urusei Yatsura, I'm sure you'll agree it's a great cartoon!
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

... I think I have a mental image of Urusei Yatsura, but I'll keep from posting it since I'll probably just make myself look silly.

What a story that would be - all the faction leaders suddenly find that their right to lead has been stripped as the rightful leader returns! Even Lal would have to stand down as the leader of the UNP and give it back to Garland!
            That wasn't exactly what I had in mind. But something kinda like that *is* involved in my scenario.

Hm. This requires much more pre-work then I had thought of in the first place.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

In a similar vein, this came to me when I was watching a show about space shuttles earlier:

What if, sometime after the Unity breakup, a second mission landed on Planet, one not sent by the U.N. but rather a corporation or a national space agency?

Comment

Didn't Sprayber write something along these lines a year ago, pretty much the same time I wrote The Homeworld?

Edit: No it's not a plug, I remember it because Sprayber mentioned i in the commentary thread for it.

Here. The Watchers by Sprayber. Incomplete, I'm afraid.
                Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 30, 2002, 07:22.

Comment

Ah, I see! Maybe I'll do one like it after I finish The Hunt. I'd like to get that done, as I just had an idea last night for how it should end.

Comment

Working...
                  X