The Hunt: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunt: Discussions

Enjoy The Hunt, a new story set in the universe of Beyond Alpha Centauri. Comments are welcomed and encouraged.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Love it. Hurry up, you're leavin me hangin man...

"Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
    "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
      Love it. Hurry up, you're leavin me hangin man...
      I second that.

Comment

It seems Spraybers creation of BAC has spawned numerous other fictionary works.

Mr. President: Good work, dude! I want to see what happens to this guy!
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I've put up the second part of The Hunt. Sorry it's not very long, I've been fairly busy, what with having to go back to university the day after tomorrow.

Comment

Just added a new section. Hopefully the story is now or soon will be something approaching a story and not just a collection of ramblings . . .

Comment

Just thought of something that might be worth talking about. The description of the University in the story might seem stereotypical; I intended them to be that way because that's what I genuinely believe they'd be like. I've spent enough time around nascent scientists to learn that a majority of them have no interests other than science, no understanding of the world outside science, and complete contempt for anything other than their science. (I hope no-one here's a science major.)

Comment

Mr. Prez--- I must confess that I...LOVE IT!! Love it!! Yep, I love it!!
                Empire growing,
                Pleasures flowing,
                Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Thank you all for your encouraging words, and thank you History Guy for that cute smilie!

Comment

Lots of talking in the new addition. Too much? Let me know. Fear not, the next part will be extremely violent.

Comment

Mr. President, good story! I am not familiar with the BAC setting, but your story stands up more than well enough on its own! Hope to be able to read more as you put it up.

Also, I was surprised (and dare I say, gratified?) to see one single adjectival proper noun in your story.

The word in question was, of course, "Hiverian".

Keep spreading the memes!
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Thanks, Allie! The word "Hiverian" appealed to me as soon as I saw it. It made the Hive in your story seem that much more like a real country because it sounds like a real adjective.

As for the setting, it's only very loosely based on BAC. Readers should be able to understand it even if they didn't wade through all two hundred pages or so of preliminary discussions.

Comment

The Hunt is on again! And the University is taking no prisoners.

Comment

Good post.

I expect that Svensgaard won't be back anytime soon...
                            Empire growing,
                            Pleasures flowing,
                            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I suspect you're right about that . . . Perhaps subconsciously I'm punishing Svensgaard for all the times he annoyed me in the game. Perhaps I just like seeing things blow up.

Edit: fixed some spelling mistakes in the new story post.
                              Last edited by Mr. President; April 8, 2002, 18:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X