No announcement yet.

Chiron Chronicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let this be a lesson to us all: never think outside the square you live in.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Let this be a lesson to us all: never think outside the square you live in
      I chose to challenge that statement by being me

Anyway, the point is, it collapse due to lack of structure. We need something to resolve actions that effects other factios/players, so we don't have to discuss it before hand, taking forever to do so sometimes.... and without any arguments.

I was annoyed with the fact that we knew before hand what one player was about to do, and abuse our position of omnicients to think up a counter or build upon or whatever action following an action yet to be posted. I am guilty of it and i am pretty sure others are too. Need something to tone down the omnicients and to prevent problems from it.

-Mellian

Comment

I was annoyed with the fact that we knew before hand what one player was about to do, and abuse our position of omnicients to think up a counter or build upon or whatever action following an action yet to be posted.
        Yes, I always hated knowing before hand what would happen- the sad thing was it was the only way to regulate and when it didn't happen we had incidents such as mine with SMAC fanatic- the fact taht everything had to be out in the open wiht no intrigue really made the game tedious at times.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It is possible of course to play a game which doesn't require much structure, yet still have the intrigueness like you mentioned without any arguments...depending on the gaming universe of course...but tends to go unbalanced

"sure you destroyed my flagship, but i have a even bigger ship coming from Joe Blow whatever system"

-Mellian

Comment

but tends to go unbalanced

"sure you destroyed my flagship, but i have a even bigger ship coming from Joe Blow whatever system"
            yes, I know, this is what we were trying to do...
            But we could have made sure that it wouldn't go unbalanced if the people who had the complaints would have talked to the GM's and received the GM's word that nothing would happen- however this isn't what happened... SMAC Fanatic didn't trust me... thus I had to reveal what I was going to do (making it less fun) and SMAC Fanatic thought I was planning on cheating... oh well, perhaps if I was SMAC Fanatic I would have done the same thing, but I'm still annoyed.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It all depends on whether the people involved want to write a story or do a different kind of thing. Storylines can't grow if too much control is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                It all depends on whether the people involved want to write a story or do a different kind of thing. Storylines can't grow if too much control is applied.

My thoughts exactly. If your in a game then control is necessary but when you are just writing you need more of an inspirational nudge in the one or more directions. Kind of like the difference between Yoda and the Emperor.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

True, I think we sort of lost direction somewehre there, some of us wanted a story and others wanted a game... oh well
                  -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Exactly right, I joined the Chiron Chronicle thinking it was a story-writing activity. It was a medium-sized surprise to find out that it wasn't.

Comment

It was a surprise to me too strangely enough between restarts, I forgot our mission- or thought that it was changed

*oops
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

The Chiron Chronicle had a mission?

Comment

Working...
                        X