No announcement yet.

Chiron Chronicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm kind of new but I'll try BAC if I'm needed.
    Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
    Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Centauri 18, we'd love to have you aboard at BAC if you want to help out! There are several open positions, most importantly the Cybernetic Consciousness. Other positions open include (I believe) the Gaians and the Cultists, though I'm not totally sure. There are also several un-claimed independent systems to choose from (i.e. Concordia, or Minos).
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

CC seems to have faded away. I really did enjoy it and I'm sorry if BAC had anthing to do with it's demise.
        Nah - CC had it's days, but thing have to change. I do have a little feeling that the Chronicles might resurrect one day - will I be there to witness it, I can't tell. But as it is, I wouldn't of had any time to tend to CC, and when prioritizing over the two, I would of definitely gone with BAC.
        But sure, CC was my first collaborative story thread ever, and as such deserves a nostalgic value of great regard.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

But sure, CC was my first collaborative story thread ever, and as such deserves a nostalgic value of great regard.
          I'm glad you enjoyed it as well

I miss it- but I really didn't have the time to GM it or carry it.
          You see... The Chiron Chronicles had been carried each age.

In the first start
          XWaste and myself did most of the posting and work.
          -
          Then LMP and myself did most of the work.
          Then I let LMP work.
          -
          Third Restart- Pretty much all LMP.
          -
          Fourth Restart- LMP went on vacation; I tried to start it up, but of course, the BAC did have more of the interest... But I could have done more work to work up support.

Perhaps some time later we can restart it if anyone is interestd- however, once again, I don't think I have the stamina to GM for a while longer

(Remember LMP and Myself were the GM's )

It too was my first collaborative story.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It was my first one too, and I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted!
            Alas, I've been quite busy elsewhere for some time now, and so when CC stopped, I more or less dropped out of this forum altogether for some time...

Too long, it seems...

I was supposed to play the Peacekeepers in BAC, but now I'm too far behind to do much of anything in that story... I know I've been talking about catching up, but I honestly don't see it happening this side of summer... Haven't totally given up yet, but I guess it's no secret that it's nowhere near the top of my list of priorities these days... I thought I'd manage to fit it in somewhere, but it keeps getting bumped down...

We'll see...
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Don't feel guilty over it, Guardian. I think we will manage without your participation, as much a resource as it might of been.
              But should you get any spare time, you'll be welcomed, at least on my behalf, as long as you steer clear of Coalition affairs.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

What would truely be interesting would be if someone went back and wrote all that we did from a third person's point of view as one concise piece of work. But I don't see anyone having that kind of time for a massive undertaking. But it would be interestesting to read like that.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If I ever graduate from college, I'll give it a shot!
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I am indeed still here, although hovering more around the OT forum than the AC-F forum. Haven't written any AC fiction for a while, nor played SMAC for a little while (despite my nickname, there ARE times when I don't play for a while). I also have AS levels for the next month or so, but after that I should have plenty of free time. Hopefully.
                    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Okay, i was thinking...

we can restart Chiron Chronicles, but in a different format like the never ending story concept at civfanatics, but in SMAC/X style. I will be willing to organize and moderate it

it may not involve a lot of creative writing, but will be faster pace..and will be like real day = game year.. instead of a one real month or more = game year.

I will organize the system...which may end up needing tweaking while we play for balance reasons... Also would need a trace out map of Chiron bmp or whatever... so we can quickly post the map of territories and so on.

anyway, what do people think? will be easier to keep track and play.

-mellian

Comment

I think I might concentrate of Beyond Alpha Centauri and The Hunt for now. Even planeswalkers can only occupy one region of existence at a time.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                          What would truely be interesting would be if someone went back and wrote all that we did from a third person's point of view as one concise piece of work. But I don't see anyone having that kind of time for a massive undertaking. But it would be interestesting to read like that.
                          That would be crazy! I put two versions in word and they were over 98 pages long!!! :bugeyes:

and will be like real day = game year.. instead of a one real month or more = game year
                          Actually that's the way the game started more or less. 1 day would equal one game month It got disorganized near the end.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

That would be crazy! I put two versions in word and they were over 98 pages long!!! :bugeyes:
                            Well, lots of crazy things are very interesting to read. I think if someone went through and condensed what happened into some kind of narrative, it would be cool. But like I said, it would be time consuming.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Lonestar cares not for your pitiful Chronicle.

Actually, I'm just trying to build up a post count. Wish they hadn't taken away the custom avatar privilage for those who'd been here for over a year.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Actually that's the way the game started more or less. 1 day would equal one game month It got disorganized near the end.
                                Yes, but that failed due to lack of structure

-Mellian

Comment

Working...
                                X