Ballad of a Usurper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow

Gee, thanks for the compliments! People still read the story, eh? Anyway, expect the next part soon.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Yeah, Monsieur President, we loved your story! But we expect Lady Deirdre to walk away unharmed at the end of the story.
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Don't get discouraged vis a vis Deirdre. I never said she was dead.

Comment

Somebody kill me please!!!

edit: Looks like the server decided to post the final chapter after all. Of course, I have no way of knowing that for sure, since I haven't managed to look at it yet. Damn holiday season traffic.

There is an Epilogue to come, so don't miss it!
          Last edited by Mr. President; December 30, 2001, 00:31.

Comment

Well, that's it! Ballad of a Usurper has wrapped! Any final comments?

Comment

I'm throughly ashamed I read the rest of this story so late after you put it on.

I really liked it. It kind of was like a Viking tale or story a Klingon warrior would tell, as History Guy mentioned before. Which I think was the point.

Were you inspired by a particular game in which you played the Usurpers? One thing I like about the aliens are the depths you can go with alien/human relations in the game. It really gives you stuff to think about, (or have nightmares about if you are me).

Anyway, it is a triumph!

Alynzia.

Comment

Alynzia, thank you so much! That means a lot to me.

The story was not really inspired by any one event, but the first ever game I played as the Usurpers ended sort of like the story, with me at war with everyone and gigantic holes getting blown in the Manifold's surface.

I agree with what you're saying about the aliens. For instance, they react the same as humans to atrocities, so that you are left wondering just how different they really are.

Comment

Working...
                X