Ballad of a Usurper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballad of a Usurper: Discussions

Here's a discussion thread, just in case anyone reads my story.

Obviously there's more to come. At risk of repeating myself, I hope someone enjoys it.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

I find the Ursupers one of the most interesting factions.

I've enjoyed your story so far

Comment

I've read your story and I've enjoyed it well. But tell me why I can't help thinking that you're ... dissatisfied ... writing this story?
      I like it although I don't like Ursupers. Is it a kind of consolation?

hipokrytes

Comment

Thanks, Hypocrites. What exactly do you mean by "consolation"? Sorry, I wanted to answer, I just wasn't sure what you meant.

Now I'm on vacation, I should be able to get some more of the story finished. Keep on reading! And if anyone hasn't read it yet, start reading!

Comment

Practice?

I see that you might be practicing up for the role of Conqueror Marr.

Good story. I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing..
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Mr. President,

Your story is terrific, and look forward to seeing new posts. I really like your 'flavor' for the Usurpers and I'm waiting to see how they interact with the puny, flabby and chitin-less humans...

Hydro

Comment

Hurrah!

Mr. President,

I can only resonate my happiness at you not abandoning your story.

Bring on the humans!

Alynzia.

Comment

consolation, heh?

well, I intended to use the most similar word to 'pocieszenie', but I was too lazy to take a dictionary. i simply wanted to make you feel better, to let you know that someone (ME! and much more as i could see) appreciates your work; coz, as i said, i thought you're dissatisfied... surely was i wrong?
                i would like to read more! vacations!?!?! so why there are only 4 threads? go back to work! people (and progenitors) are waiting! (and resonating)

lucky you! i have to cram with philosophy of nature!

isn't marr too soft that far?

Hypo

Comment

It did occur to me that Marr wasn't acting very tough. But even when he was the commander of his space cruiser, he was still a cog in the wheel, a link in the chain, [insert metaphors here]. He was only a relatively minor leader, so he's not used to being on the very top of the pile. But now that there's no Supreme Conqueror (or whatever) looking over his shoulder, he can really assert his independence.

I don't feel like writing now (it's about 9:30 PM in Melbourne) but look out for the next chapter tomorrow!

Comment

I like the story very much. It reminds my of my own idea years ago when I first played the game of an epic poem written by early Progenitors hundreds of years ago, detailing how one Progenitor Warlord conquered their whole planet and started the empire, in the style of those Epic Poems which I love so much, like The Song of Roland, or even more so, Beowulf.
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,
                    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! What have you done to Lady Deidre?
                      Empire growing,
                      Pleasures flowing,
                      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Yeah, that hurt me too. The Gaians were the only faction I ever played until I got Alien Crossfire.

Comment

That will teach that crazy Gaia witch to try to attack the honorable Marr.

Good story Mr. President.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

While I cannot condone frying Deirdre, I really like your story.

I need not worry about it falling of my screen though because I have been making a copy of it on Wordpad with each installment to save for posterity.

You are a really good writer. I wish I could write that well!

But let us hope you don't carry through Gaian killing to Beyond Alpha Centauri with your Free Drones.

Alynzia.

Comment

Poor Deirdre! (*sniff*)

But let us hope you don't carry through Gaian killing to Beyond Alpha Centauri with your Free Drones.
                              If he does, I'm sure the Peacekeepers will have something to say about it all...

(Nosy buggers, aren't we? )
                              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                              X