X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chiron Chronicle: Discussions 2

New Thread because 150 post limit reached:
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Guardian: Added an OOC to my last post. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

The problem with the old tech formula is that we would be getting techs way to fast. And problem with percentage of resources/energy is that, can't let your economy percentage to low, especially if you don't have a good economy or a good infrastructure. else, the faction will bankrupt. if your industry/economy is currently very active in building stuff, upgrading, secret projects, and so on, where it would mean lot of resources are being concentrated there, then rest suffers like research.
      so really, we just have to be reasonable and to make sence. nothing wrong to be behind in tech...

as for the time/dating and so on... i decided that it would be measured by the length of the thread. When we reach about 150-160 posts, we create a new game thread and he beginning of a new year. lot simpler.
      One game week is made of 10 game days. one game month is made up of 4 game weeks and a game year is made up of 10 game months. 150-160 posts equals to 4 pages... so one page of a thread equals to 2.5 game months, quarter of a year. get it?

Comment

Spray, two rover units from Sparta Command? or do you mean TO? Sparta Command is in the middle of the Sunny Mesa landmark...Janissary Rock north of Sparta Command, south of the Upland Waste. Blast Rifle Crag is north-east of Sparta Command along the eastern coast. (so how could Kessel enter the base? also, Ironholm would be at other side of Spartan territory practicly... the base closest to Free Drone territory is Centurion Caves, west-north of sparta command, close to the Borehole Cluster, controlled by the Free Drones. War Outpost is 4-5 squares i think of the Great Dunes. and so on, but bit far from Sparta Command.... each square is 500km x 500km you know :P the Spartan Fleet is currently hiding beween the easterm coast of the eastern continent and that island...so in the Channel. Two groups of Nautilus ships (and some PK and two Data Angel foils with the southern group) are waiting for them at both the north and south entrances of the Channel. so the Spartan fleet closed in...and do remember that they are outnumbered and outgunned compare to the ships waiting for them...and Pirates have Cruisers :P.

Natan, i'm having trouble finding time to make any gif maps...so will be hard get a map of the Spartan and PK territory. even with the original map, the coordinates are the same. the only difference of the SMAC and SMAX planetx maps is that the SMAX map has the new Landmarks. coordinates shouldn't be a problem. and the list of coordinates of the bases are in the Admin thread, first page... (also need to update it a bit, but nothing at the Eastern continent.) also, there is nothing special. just shows where bases are, no terraforming or exact size of bases and so on.

-LordLMP

Comment

I wrote that part about Kessel when I didn't have any idea as to the placement of bases. It's hard to visualize this when you are working without any clue as to placement. I used the coordinates from the check in thread to place bases on my continent with my scenereo editor. But I still would like the official map. As for the rovers. I must admit that my data on exactly what my units are is not very good. That's why I asked if anyone had any info on the spartans. I didn't even know where my navy was. All of the data in the threads were from before the war. I'm sure that a lot them are gone by now. So I'm kind of writing blind. I hate having to create units out of the air. The two rover units that I wrote about were from Sparta Command but assigned to the southern Army under Helzbburg. I figured since they were from SC , Helzburg may not be sure about them. Should I change it?
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I believe LMP misinterpreted the words "from Sparta Command" and thought you were sending them from there right now, which you aren't...

Yes, the Peacekeepers would love to capture a high ranking Spartan officer, but he would have to surrender outright or somehow survive the destruction of his rover, perhaps being wounded or knocked unconscious or something. Otherwise, the PKs are going to shoot first and ask questions later... no attempt will be made to capture a Spartan who is "alive and dangerous"... (They'd sooner put 247 rounds through the bastard and move on...)
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I may be back, but unfortunately school is manic at the moment and I have so much work it's incredible.
              I have a map with base names for my continent, but it's only got the 4 main base names on. I'll have to go look for some old stats thread to name the rest, I suppose, but right now I really don't have the time.
              I'd post now, but I'm really busy and besides, what exactly is there to post about? I suppose I could write some more Cyborg/Angel/University diplomacy...
              I'll post tomorrow (Sunday) - I'll have more free time then.
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Again, Sorry about the mix ups. I have a map that I made. Like Guardian mentioned the two rover units were originally from Sparta Command, but assigned to the main army fighting in the south. That's why they were sent on a suicide mission by Helzburg. I was just following up on what you had already put in motion.

LMP and others: Kessel is trying to get to Blast Rifle Grag. It is the only base in the northern part of Sparta that doesn't follow Santiago. The rest are either totally loyal, Janissary Rock. Or following orders for now, Fort. Sup, Commanders Keep, and the rest of the bases. After he ran from Sparta Comm. he went to Commander's Keep, and now is trying to get to Blast Rifle Grag. If he gets into there, he has to contact Helzburg in war outpost, some other governors, and maybe one of the alliance leaders. He and heltzburg need each other to depose Santiago. Kessel doesn't have an army and Helzburg doesn't command respect from the governors. after its over they will most likely fight each other cause in private they hate each other. But they hate Santiago more for trying to "purge" them. As for Santiago, she doesn't want the war to stop, but without the main army she is backed into a corner. So she is willing to end it for now in order to clean things up after General Kell and intelligence failed to remove the entire Junta. Kessel and Helzburg would like for the war to end as well so they can concentrate on defeating Santiago. But not at the cost of foreign troops occupying Sparta itself. Heltzburg cannot move his army north because of concerns of the PKs taking advantage of no one defending the south. In short there is a bloddy mess. No one can make a move because they have more than one potential threat. Everyone needs the war to end. But keep in mind that all are Spartans and won't stand for foreign intervention, unless it suits their purpose. So when the world learns some of the detail of the crisis going on each faction can pick a side to back. Or choose to remain neutral and just watch Spartans kill each other. This could be a good time to get back to peace while the Spartans are stuck with a civil war. Technically, both Kessel and Helzburg could have a legitimate claim to being the Spartan leader. Depending on how it all plays out. Tell me what you think so far. Is too far fetched? I would like input from everyone.

Guardian: Have the PKs lost the title of humanitarians? Spartans are people to you know.
                [This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 22, 2001).]

Comment

Okay, as for the map problem. I'm experimenting with the idea of removing anything crossfire in the map...but i put names of the landmarks of the places they were. also be adding some stuff for future storyline. Anyway, will try with my normal SMAC and try open the map and see if it will open it. if not, darn :/

Spray: Minister of Intelligence, Alexander Demieras(whatever), would be playing a strong role, no? Kell not incharge of everything. As for the losses and what the current size of military, maybe should read the old posts to see the losses and reinforcements.
                  Units are groups: One ground Unit is a regiment. One air unit is a Wing(except maybe the airship, but doubt we'll get them anytime soon) and one Naval Unit is One Ship. Possible to have smaller units like a Company, Platoon, Brigade, Battallion and so on, but won't be as effective as a full fledge regiment. also, an idea which you don't have to take, was hoping that General Kell will show true Honor, what a Spartan Soldier suppose to be, not just Santiego's lackey. And Santiego also would have her Assistant Voki, no?

-LordLMP

Comment

Oh and don't forget the Cult of War people :P

SMAC Fanatic, whats the name of the Cyborgs first naval Base? lost it and forgot it :/

-LordLMP

Comment

Yes, the Spartans are people too, but so were the nazis...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 22, 2001).]
                      "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Well, in SMAX it's called Alpha Basin. We are unimaginative, aren't we...
                        Maybe a better name might be Oceanic Uplink or something like that. i don't know. Put Alpha Basin if you must.
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

SMAC-

The Cyborgs caught Anastasius on the last post of page 3 I think... He committed suicide, Jakhobs can be caught by a border guard who disable his nerve pods- or he can use them, kill cyborg soldiers- then be captured...

Note: He will escape (This is a stand-by, every few years he is imprisoned and then escapes and disappears.)
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Darnit my experiment didn't work is there some utility out there that converts SMAX maps to SMAC and vice versa? :/ not exactly thrilled of remaking the map with SMAC, as it took me 2-3 hours with SMAX :/

-LordLMP

Comment

Kell could turn on Santiago when she goes too far. I had really wanted this to be a Kessel and Helzburg vs Santiago civil war. But having Kell be the one that finally ends Santiago's reign would be good. And the intelligence minister is going to have a lot to do with the story. Just haven't figured out how just yet. He will be the one encouraging Santiago to take a hard line on the bases. And by hard line I mean along the lines of executions. One more thing. I'm not going to kill Santiago. Need her for possible storylines in the future. But she may be long overdue for some cryocell time.

Guardian: Is there any chance that the war can end soon so the Spartans can get busy killing each other?

Natan: Any regime that comes to power in Sparta will look favorably towards the Hive as a partner and alley on the continent.

Comment

Working...
                              X