Rollcall and Rules...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,
    It actually looks like I should be able to handle this, as long as you guys will still have me. I promise I won't be backing out on you guys again. So if you'll have me, I'd like to resume command of the Angels.

Argo.
    -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

ok, I need to get a couple of things straightened out before I can start (sorry to be a pain)

The CC bonus is apparantly +10,000 people. The CC has a negative growth rating so...? Maybe something to reflect their +2 research perhaps...

With techs - in the build report thread, should we also report our tech advances? And starting tech, is the faction defaults plus a couple of our choice? How are we doing those again?

[This message has been edited by XWaste (edited September 13, 2000).]

Comment

[LMP], your ideas are good but...

Peacekeepers/Hive/Believers

Cult/Gaia/Free Drones

University/Cybernetic/Data Angels/Morganites

Is the arrangement I have in mind for maximum war potential.

The University etc land and the Peacekeeper Land surrounds Pirate land.

The Cult broke off from Gaia, while the Free Drones escaped in boats from the Hive/Believers/Peacekeepers to the Gaian/Cultist lands.

-Zak bringing Aki is a good idea and works better with what the Cyborgs truly are.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

AAahhh, people posting while I'm slowly typing...more confusion now.

LordLMP, if your making the map, just stick us wherever, we don't get to choose where we start in a normal game anyway.

I'm sure Zak wouldn't have been able to part with the Zeta-five program anyway...but like I said, just stick me somewhere and I can start.

Comment

We'll place our tech stuff in that same topic folder.

Argonaut- welcome aboard.

The Pirates are in Pholus

University and co. are on The Pholus Ridge

Hive and co. are in Garland Crater

Gaia and co are in the Monsoon Jungle

---The Cyborgs advance will be +1 Tech
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

CC
              Starting tech - App physics, Ifn Networks
              bonus level 2 tech - Planetary Networks

how are we choosing other techs?
              ...* Your faction can pick any two level one technologies...

in that case
              -Centauri Ecology
              -Biogenetics

OK
              Starting pop - 100,000
              in the rules, apparantly a citizen is a thousand or so people, we're using a different number though I'm guessing, don't know what it is though)

Alpha Prime - 80,000
              Tau Collective - 20,000

Comment

Darkcloud, you mean Hive/Peacekeepers/Spartans don´t you.
                We´re starting near Garland crater,but where exactly?.
                If it´s for the players to decide, I´d like the spartans to start north from Garland crater near the Uranium flats.

Cities:

Sparta Command:100000
                Survival Base :50000
                Commanders´keep:50000

Staring Techs:
                Doctrine:Mobility

the two bonus starting techs i picked:
                Industrial Base
                Applied physics

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited September 14, 2000).]
                [This message has been edited by Cyber (edited September 15, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DarkCloud on 09-13-2000 10:09 PM
                  [LMP], your ideas are good but...

Peacekeepers/Hive/Believers

Cult/Gaia/Free Drones

University/Cybernetic/Data Angels/Morganites

Is the arrangement I have in mind for maximum war potential.

The University etc land and the Peacekeeper Land surrounds Pirate land.

The Cult broke off from Gaia, while the Free Drones escaped in boats from the Hive/Believers/Peacekeepers to the Gaian/Cultist lands.

-Zak bringing Aki is a good idea and works better with what the Cyborgs truly are.

Your mostly going Ideology vs Ideology.

Putting Gaians/Cult/Believers in one continent is like Paganism vs Cultism vs Christianity

Putting Spartans/Hive/Peacekeepers/Drones in one continent is like Militarism vs Police State vs peace and human rights loving vs freedom/non-oppression.
                  Peacekeepers would identify the Free Drones as a faction, especially if they broke off from Hive and acquired some followers from Sparta. Drones won't be able to get to other lands early, since they don't have Doctrine: Flexibility...even if they somehow acquired a Unity Foil, where the oceans if infested with isle of the deep. Also, how the heck can you cram 50, 000 to 100,000 people into a Unity Foil too? they can carry two colony pods, which equals 20k people plus crew. so they would need to start at a low pop and i don't think they can acquire followers from gaians, cult and believers. they are mostly fanatics and gaians are planet loving. Weird combo. I can see what your doing, but we also want practicality, common sence and reality in this game.

rest we agree upon...pirates i will put them in some bigger sea than you suggested. Anyway, i already started doing the map the way i suggest it and asking players if they agree.

-LordLMP

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited September 14, 2000).]

Comment

Okay,I'm finding myself a little confused on the Faction Bonuses. Do we get the game ones, plus the ones listed above (so for the Angels

- Information Netowrks, Planetary Netowrks Free
                    - Free Covert-Ops on discovery of Pre-Sent. Algorithms
                    - Any tech known to three others
                    - two level one techs
                    - plus and extra level one tech

Or is it just:
                    - two level one techs
                    - plus and extra level one tech

Just a little confused. And if it's okay, I'm only going to have an 80,000 pop which is still large, but I'm stealing from Morgan and Zak technically. So the other Angel stats are:

Data DeCentral - 50,000
                    Roze Function - 30,000

Labs - 50%
                    Psych - 10%
                    Economy - 40%

Oh, and where exactly am I? I don't mind where you place me, I'll figure out how to adapt.

-Argo

-Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Nope Argonaut the Data Angels merely get

Information Networks
                      (PLUS)
                      3 extra level 1 techs
                      (PLUS)
                      Any tech known to three other extensivley (ALL FACTIONS ARE INFILTRATED BY ALL OTHERS) infiltrated factions.

Yes you can have 80,000 population.

It seems [LORD LMP] Will place you but you will be between Morgan and Zakharov I believe.

---
                      GM Dark Cloud
                      GM [Lord LMP]
                      -Your partners in progress...
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Great, thanks! I can definetly live with that!

-Argo
                        -Argo

Comment

Well, not exactly inbetween Morgan and University, but neighbours with both thought...like, borders will be touch......

since i can only put 7 factions on the map....i will use a Morgan bases to represent Data Angel bases,but on the overview map, i will mark them with Data angels color.

Cybernetic with University Base
                          Free Drones with Hive base
                          Cult with Gaians
                          Pirates...i dunno, i'll choose one,either peacekeepers or spartans or whatever

-LordLMP

Comment

Just a suggestion-
                            For the Pirates use the Spartans colors. (They suggest darkness/blackness and piracy.)

However, do as you wish [LordLMP]
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Update on rollcall...

Raging Mouse (Hive) is no longer in the game
                              Light Ening (Planetmind) is also out

Lonestar (Peacekeepers) is in the game?
                              Googlie (Morganites) is in the game?

Lonestar, Googlie, please confirm your status...

Thank you... D.c. (Your friendly GM)
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I guess not - others seem to be taking the Morganites in directions I'm not sure my Nwabudike would go, so I'll let well be (it is difficult coming in during the middle of a story line)

Googlie

Comment

Working...
                                X