Coming out of retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archaic
    Apologies. The turn got to me while I was overseas, and true to form, I'd forgotten my passwords for my email account & 'poly. *smacks his head into the wall* Just got home last night, and played it today. Turn on to you Herc.

This might be the first game where I've been forced to go into extended periods of Planned. It's interesting, how in most human games, people stay in Pact up until the last possible moment. Going out of Pact is not something you tend to see, and the economy hit is quite visible. Much more than I expected actually. Wouldn't hurt quite so much if it didn't come right when I was building such an expensive improvement as Hybrids.
    Archaic-- It was an obvious move against someone as dominant as you . Inheriting a game that was pretty much over before I started, we have to think about these things-- Going out of pact to deny you trade was at least SOMETHING to slow your technological march-- I still don't hold out a lot of hope for us but I figured if I am going to play this out, I will try to do whatever I can
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic
      Speaking of that planetary governorship....I only did a basic check, since I played that turn at midnight, but Flubber, how do you have that many votes? I'm sure I have a higher population than you do, even without the Empath Guild boosting my votes. You would've still won easily with you all voting as a block, but the number still seems a bit off. I was sure there would've been a wider gap between our vote totals.
      I am the PKs-- that doubles my votes compared to population-- I'm glad THAT feature works as I am absolutely NOT getting my extra talents- It is a significant matter sicne I have to do more drone control than I should

Originally posted by Archaic

I have to say though, it's certainly refreshing to have a game where people actually outright deny me governorship. Usually, I've gotten the governorship very early in the game, and just counted on everyone to forget about it through the rest of the match.

Forget it ?? Never. The only thing that held me off from calling it earlier was it took time for us to find bdnav.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by bdanv
        i'm back. 2171 sent.
        Good show!! I hadn't checked in here for a while but the last turn I had seen was on like the 2nd of September and forwarded to bd on the 3rd.

Hopefully I will see another soon

Comment

• Any news?
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Maybe it needs resent again to Archaic.

Comment

• Well we can only wait I suppose.
              Last edited by Hercules; November 7, 2008, 09:37.

Comment

• I don't mean that to be overly critical, just a statement of fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                  Maybe it needs resent again to Archaic.
                  turn resent on November, 2.
                  alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• i'm out of town till Tuesday night

Comment

• Any news here.

Comment

• well, i can re-resend if you think that helps

Comment

• Yes Please do. One more time.

Comment

• re-resent as per Hercules' request

Comment

• Ok Looks like this game is dead.

Where do we go from here, if at all.

There was a suggestion of new Vets map game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                                Ok Looks like this game is dead.

Where do we go from here, if at all.

There was a suggestion of new Vets map game?

seems dead to me-- I almost never come here any more so if ever you want to talk to me about smax, please just email me-- I check that every day while I hadn't been on here in months

I would be up for a new game--

Comment

Working...
                                X