New game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game

I was thinking 3-4 players maximum, SMAC or SMAX, any faction but prefere Morganites.
    Transcend (standard Apolyton rules...haven't played this game for 3-4 years so I assume they're all the same).
    Still...I would like to add tech stagnation and ban all the trade between all factions, tech and everything, so we can avoid Air Power in 2150.

I can send my turns on daily basis and expect the same from other respected participants.

Anyone

My life, my rules

Those are some stiff settings, tech stag+no tech trades i might like the university...
    If you simply want to avoid a blitzkrieg, a 'helocopter may not attack bases' rule+no communication pre contact may do the job. I doubt anyone will get D:AP in 2150 without trading from the beginning.

I only have SMAC. Getting more players and a CMN may be difficult, but lets wait and see...or instead of a CMN we could use one of the premade maps. (although i get the impression other players dont like premades?)
    Last edited by Kataphraktoi; October 4, 2007, 21:55.
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I can CMN
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

No tech trading sounds nice for me. I'm in and I want the Gaians.
        Only one 'small' problem: never played PBEM.
        alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

In my last PBEM game, my permanent ally and me driving ourselves in planes in about 2160 or so.
          I went straight for Flexi and found about 15 or more AA's with my 7 ships.
          And it was tech stagnation game with standard Poly rules (no contact before meeting and such).

OK...that was extreme example, but it's a quite possible scenario when you find your 1st contact early in the game.

I have no prob with early warfare, but somehow I enjoyed game more without new tech popping out every seveal turns. Few with tech trade. And that's all I am looking from a game. Having fun. And to win

Of course, I am open for compromises.

So far we have Uni, Gaians and Morganites plus CMN in just one day. Extraordinary.
          Shall we take one more or go with just 3 of us?
          My life, my rules

Comment

wait till tomorow. maybe florin79 will join us too.
            alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFart
              In my last PBEM game, my permanent ally and me driving ourselves in planes in about 2160 or so.
              Thats not 2150 Its not unlikely since you were allied from the beginning,as you said. Of course 2160 is not uncommon for air power, though.

OK...that was extreme example, but it's a quite possible scenario when you find your 1st contact early in the game.

I have no prob with early warfare, but somehow I enjoyed game more without new tech popping out every seveal turns. Few with tech trade. And that's all I am looking from a game. Having fun. And to win

Of course, I am open for compromises.
              Im fine with a tech stag+no tech trade rule.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Re: New game

Originally posted by SmartFart
                I was thinking 3-4 players maximum, SMAC or SMAX, any faction but prefere Morganites.
                Transcend (standard Apolyton rules...haven't played this game for 3-4 years so I assume they're all the same).
                Still...I would like to add tech stagnation and ban all the trade between all factions, tech and everything, so we can avoid Air Power in 2150.

I can send my turns on daily basis and expect the same from other respected participants.

Anyone

I would definitely be interested in joining. I'd prefer to play as University if that choice is available.

Comment

wdplays...welcome!

That will be a full circle of 4 players and as far as I would like to go.

As for the University...it's up to you and Kataphraktoi. His 1st choice were Uni and since we're playing Smac you have 4 diferent options. Gaians are taken. My pick is Morgan, but I can play any faction so you are welcome to pick them up if you like it.

I suggest we sort this out as soon as we can because our respected CMN mart7x5 is eager to create one helluva map for us.

1. Standard Poly rules
                  2. Transcend
                  3. Medium map
                  4. 4 players
                  5. Tech stagnation 'On'
                  6. No cooperation (we can make pacts and treaties, but ALL exchange is forbidden.

And as I've said earlier, I am open for compromises.

Looking forward to start an epic game.

SF
                  My life, my rules

Comment

Originally posted by bdanv
                    No tech trading sounds nice for me. I'm in and I want the Gaians.
                    Only one 'small' problem: never played PBEM.
                    No problem at all...if you have a valid e-mail adress with attachment support
                    Unfortunatelly, that's the only way to go.
                    I have 2 baby sons and all I can have afford is one turn per day, but believe me...it's a FUN.

I'll post my adress once when our map is done.

Regards.

SF
                    My life, my rules

Comment

you can post stuff, that you do not want in public as private messages to me. That includes also your preferred passwords.

I'll gather data and prepare the scenario during this weekend. Please, discuss any additional things you want in the game.
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

One more thing...we have a national holliday on monday, 08th so I wont be available until 09th october. My brothers in law and me just bought ourselves a live lamb which will be slaughtered tommorow
                        (Yum,Yum).

After that, am all available .

Cya.

SF
                        My life, my rules

Comment

1. Standard Poly rules
                          2. Transcend
                          3. Medium map
                          4. 4 players
                          5. Tech stagnation 'On'
                          6. No cooperation (we can make pacts and treaties, but ALL exchange is forbidden.
                          One thing;what does medium map mean? Large?

Comment

1. Standard Poly rules
                            2. Transcend
                            3. Medium map
                            4. 4 players
                            5. Tech stagnation 'On'

And as I've said earlier, I am open for compromises.

SF

cant you make this a 5 players game as a compromise

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi

One thing;what does medium map mean? Large?
                              I believe standard, neither small nor large
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X