No announcement yet.

Announcement ! tcp/ip players needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well there is a vast amount of information on multiplaying in this site and tips.

So happy reading.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Hi.
      I`ve downloaded Hamachi.
      Been playing a good few years, used to play mp back in the day

Comment

• I recently changed my computer at home, and i just found out that i can't join anymore our Hamachi network (all 16 slots are already taken). So if nobody can evict me from the old network (wich i don't think it's possible because i created it), then i'll make another one and send, to you all, the new coordinates.
        alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• Eldramatico can't join us till 2am GMT and Florin79c is working, so it seems like we are heading for a new game.

Hercules, Andijvie and uselesses: please join the new network I created. I sent you by email and respectively by PM the new coordinates.

Comment

• uselesses has joined the new network. waiting for Hercules and Andijvie

Comment

• @Hercules: what happened?
              we saved the game, but it was 'iron man', don't know if we can reload it!

Comment

• Originally posted by bdanv
                @Hercules: what happened?
                we saved the game, but it was 'iron man', don't know if we can reload it!
                Not to worry.

We all need to get used to no tech trading and stuff.

To be discussed, especially about more balanced maps.

Uselesses had an awful starting position.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• We should have played the Vets map. I don't think there is a more balanced map, and we were only 4 ...
                  Maybe next time I'll remember. Of course, we have to setup a scenario ... and this needs lots of disscusions before the game.

@Hercules: Do you know if a 'iron man' game can be reloaded?

Comment

• I was OK.
                    Luckily those around me never chose to attack
                    I woulda been a sitting duck!
                    If I`d had enough time I coulda made something of my situation I think.
                    I`ll be ready to play again.If not could we continue PBEM?

Comment

• Originally posted by uselesses
                      I`ll be ready to play again.If not could we continue PBEM?
                      You were hosting, right? So, just open the saved in PBEM, and we'll see what happends!
                      If I am not the second player, then the save is no good, and we will have to go back one turn or to use mine..

Comment

• I could try opening it for PBEM or just keeping it for another time maybe?
                        Depends what the others think I guess...

Comment

• I think we should at least check if we can continue it... It was an 'iron man'...
                          @ Hercules, Andijvie: what do you think about it?

Anyway I must say that it was fun fighting with Andijvie so many turns... I really wanna continue this game ... if we can.

Comment

• Yeah I thought I could blitzkrieg your ass earlier on, but it dident entirely work out as I had hoped.

I assume we can continue it, iron man only means that if you save it the game quits automatically. It is some kind of cheating protection.

About the no tech trading, I agreed to it this game but I dont like it. The game feels more arcade now while I like diplomacy as much as fighting.

About bad starting positions: that's why very large maps are better, in particular the large standard map of planet, which I find the most fun and is very balanced, or custom designed maps. I dont like scenario maps as they feel fake playing on. I like the feeling of being on a real planet.

Comment

• The save I`ve got goes on to Hive, so I assume its broke
                              I aint got another!

Comment

• If it doesnt work I wouldnt mind declaring bdanv the winner of this game and start a new more balanced one. (And with tech trading)

Comment

Working...
                                X