Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bump

Comment

• Ok It must have gone astray. Resent and I didn't have enough for the CF.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
        I didn't have enough for the CF.
        You know you really could've played mindgames with me on this one: if you'd set one city to "build" the CF on this turn, and just said something to the effect that since you've got infiltrator on me (via the EG) you knew exactly when I'd be able to build the CF, I might not have attempted the rush-build. As it is, the EG is now rush-built!

And now after I've played the turn I realize that I forget to adjust my research slider back again!

D

Comment

• Good point, never thought of that. Anyway well past it now.

Just for update sake. To show SMACX games still continue. Turn is at 2227.

7777 marker

Comment

• The Pirates game is ended.

Provost Darsnan offered surrender at MY2234.

I intend to provide a brief summary of the game.

The overall point though is that the game ended and did not just fade away.

Also of interest is that in spite of delays in playing turns (and some of the long gaps were due to me), the game is finished at just over 2 years from commencement.

Comment

• First off I have to offer kudos to Senethro for making such an interesting and enjoyable game: this has to be one of my favorite games to have ever participated in!

I think my favorite moment in this game was when my attack fleet launched a "Doolittle Raid" by sailing north and launching a couple of suicide jets into Herc's territory. On the same turn Herc sent an invasion fleet south to attack an atoll that I owned - our two battle fleets must have sailed right by each other (within the space of 4 - 5 tiles)!

Anyways, congrats to Herc on winning a well played game.

Perhaps we can do this again once SMAC2 comes out, eh?

D

Comment

• From beyond the grave!!!

Glad to know you enjoyed this Darsnan. Is there any chance I can get a couple of screenshots of world maps? I don't currently have my SMAC with me.

Comment

• Congrats on finishing--dunno how I missed it last year. It was a rotten game for me but I'm glad you guys finished it.
                  If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Senethro
                    From beyond the grave!!!

Glad to know you enjoyed this Darsnan. Is there any chance I can get a couple of screenshots of world maps? I don't currently have my SMAC with me.
                    I can send you a save from near the end of the game. But you would need to remind me how to capture a couple of screenshots. I tried the straightforward Printscreen but it didn't appear to work. Unless it has saved it somewhere I don't know.

Comment

• Hmmmmm, I seem to remember opening whatever image program you were pasting prntscrn into and alt-tabbing into it while keeping smac open was the thing to do.

Comment

• OK I'll try that later on today.

Comment

Working...
                        X