Wanted: New newbie PBeM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: New newbie PBeM

I am a newbie looking for a handful of players to represent their favorite faction or whatever one they're in the mood for.
    We need an volunteer "CMN" to manage passwords and who is considered in good esteem amongst the halls (or "shells") here at AC Multi. or Apolyton respectively.
    Any other kick-off advice is appreciated.
    Looking to get started immediately.
    Please reply to post or email at :

smoke_henke_kelner AT yahoo DOT com

sincerely,

'maia'

p.s. see my blip in 'active players' thread:

Last edited by maiasystemsltd; August 8, 2005, 14:01.
    The Waterboys of Legend

I'm a newbie and I'd like to participate in your PBEM as Believers.

Comment

1st reply

Okay DetriusXii,

You've got my support for claiming the 'Believers' faction as your preference in this new game. 'Cuz you were here first.
      I will play whatever is left just to encourage a good turn-out.
      I will check back to this post daily and see what we have by the end of the week. Hope that sounds kosher for you.

'maia'

P.S. gleen these two short threads (and their respective links) for good brushing up:

The Waterboys of Legend

Comment

CMN:

You may want to ask Senethro to CMN this.
        Googlie is also around, but he appears to be a bit busy playing.
        Im overly busy.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I'll join as Morgan.

I just started playing my first 2 pbem's at CGN, so I'm still a newbie too.
          no sig

Comment

monday check in

It all sounds great. Senethro is very familiar as he gets around. Gotta run. Be back daily till end of week.

-maia
            The Waterboys of Legend

Comment

Right, Believers, Morgan and who else?

Also, what kind of world would you like Maia? Continents, total land, rainfall etc. And would you like any special rules?

Finally, I hope noone will find it problematic if I give the Believers a few starting advantages at my own discretion to offset their relative weakness. I can document these if you wish.

Comment

to offset their relative weakness.
                I think Detrius is quite good at believers due to his expierence at CGN and actually I find this statement a bit wrong.

They are disadvantaged only on certain circumstances, one of them being a huge map and everyone too far away.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Yes, fair point, but thats an instance of player skill overcoming faction weakness. A good uni player can have IA before Believers have Planetary Networks and Probe Teams. The Uni player is now a greater military force than the Beleivers due to increased industrial power.

-2 research is a very harsh penalty. It takes +2 industry to make it a good faction after that, not +2 support.

The starting advantages I was thinking of were a bonus probe team and an energy resource. Perhaps a few extra rainy squares as well.

Comment

Hmm, you can do it of course, but I've never followed the practice to balance gameplay by tweaking start positions.

And the point the Uni player would win in the situation you describe also is false IMO.

I remember a game where (of course a better skilled player, but still) won Uni, Morgan and Hive by 2170.

And he indeed was the last to the probes. But that was not the point as +2 early support gave him possibility to pop half of the pods found on the map (which was the decisive factor).

Comment

Tuesday

Copacetic yall,

Senethro, I want you to know that your work on the Tutorial was not underappreciated and if in any way my posting this announcement is out of line, email me (smoke_henke_kelner AT yahoo DOT com ( or previous yahoo addy)) and let me know.
                      I have included the thread to the tutorial for all newbies and any modifying/ "tweaking" is up to you and the more senior members in your peer group. I don't mind at all but as a newbie don't have as big of a gob of spit as more senior members. (hah) I think it is creative.

ttyl,

'maia'
                      The Waterboys of Legend

Comment

Wednesday

Back. No takers today.
                        Are we going to be playing with computer players if not everyone shows up for the whole 7 or 8 factions?
                        Let me know if this is SMAC or SMACX. Cuz my SMACX copy is unstable. I've noticed some inconsistencies.
                        I'll have to scoop up another at the store if we do choose SMACX.
                        See you on the grand carousel of life.

ttyl,

maia
                        The Waterboys of Legend

Comment

Its more normal to play with 4/5 human factions as more slows the game down dramatically.

Maia, there is also a space on an existing game if you want to jump on it.

Comment

I'd rather play without AI's...

Ofcourse, 3 players is not enough, so we would need at least 1 more.
                            no sig

Comment

If you want me to be the fourth player... id be anything you want

would it be free for all then? or 2vs2?

Cheers
                              "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

Working...
                              X