Anyone up for another PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for another PBEM?

Now that I've finally got my life back on track, I'm ready to start taking on a few more PBEM's I feel.

What I'm looking for is a high level, 4-5 player game. Newbies need not apply. Standard rules, a CMNed custom map and setup, beefy AI, and a bunch of the best players the community has to offer. I don't know how good a player I'm considered by everyone with my University, but I do know that I'll never find out just how good I really am unless I can get in a game with a bunch of highly respected and experienced players. NE3 on ACOL would've done that for me, but since I took over for Googlie, and Mongoose's position was handicapped because of his win in the first, even assuming I win that, I won't feel like it's proven anything.

So....who's free for a game?
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

I'll humbly put up my hand though I admit your requirements have me a feeling a little inadequate.

Hobbes
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Now why would these requirements make you feel inadequate? ^^;;

You've been in quite a lot of the PBEM's I've been in in the past year though h0bbes. Most notably BofP and NE3. I was kinda hoping for people I haven't been up against so often to be honest. ^^;;

Comment

Hmm will I play the university usually as well, but if you don't mind having two university players (I think we can do that) and you keep it AC (I don't have ACX) I would be interested.
        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

how can many players play the same faction? won't you get your units mixed up?
          "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Sorry, I should've specified that earlier. I wanted to play SMAX only, not SMAC.

It's not difficult at all t_ras. You each play a seperate copy of the same faction, and you'll get different faction colours if you're just playing normally and not trying to force the game to show the "right" colours for each faction.

Comment

Naw - a CMN can set up a different graphics set for the second facxtion (eg, the Drones' set or the Cycon, for example) Dacole would then just have to copy that faction into his "custom factions" section of his alpha.txt

Here's one I created a couple of years ago for the Forum Wars series of games
              Attached Files

Comment

I think I would be interested in this game, perhaps as the Hive, but I suppose everything is somewhat negotiable.

If I might toss out a few possible options for consideration as well . . . no problem with the regular rules if none of them are appealing to you'all though.

- What about blind research - it seems to have the effect of spreading out the mid-game phase a little more. Warships, for example, are not so soon obsoleted by aircraft, or planes by choppers;

- I've heard about the rule where choppers are not allowed to attack bases; that sounds potentially interesting to me;

- I'd also be in favor of disabling the CBA and the SpaceElevator - and the EmpathGuild if the PK are not in the game.

Comment

Blind research would be pretty pointless to be honest. I think any player at our level knows how the tech system works, and together with Minute Mirage's tech predictor, you can easily get the techs you want regardless of if it's on Blind anyway.

The Chopper change would be interesting, I have to admit. I feel my biggest faults are in both offensive and defensive military strategies, so I'm not sure if I'd be testing my abilities there more with this on or off.

I tend to prefer to not disable any SP's besides maybe the EG. I'm rather proud and egotistical about my ability to outproduce most opponents in both raw minerals and energy, so I'd appreciate being able to have a good SP chase.

Comment

I know I don't fill the "the best of the best" requirement but I'd could step in as the DataAngels, if you'd like, provided NO SP's are disabled. I also like the rule about choppers not being allowed to attack bases. Otherwise, I'd like a huge planet, average native life, directed research, no cooperative victory, and the rest I don't care about.

Comment

I could take the CMN job if you agree - have learned a reel bunch of things recently about AI beef and want to test them out on veterans..
                      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I've got no problems with that so long as everyone else doesn't.

Comment

I must warn you about choosing binTravkin as a CMN.
                          Recently a played 2 games CMN-ed by him and both of them were buggy (in one game we found a player on librarian level, and in other one player had wrong SE settings). It doesn't mean he cannot make interesting maps, but he proved to be prone to mistakes. I suggest to find someone more who will conduct control over his work to ensure the game doesn't have any bug before releasing...

Comment

I must warn you about choosing binTravkin as a CMN.
                            Recently a played 2 games CMN-ed by him and both of them were buggy (in one game we found a player on librarian level, and in other one player had wrong SE settings). It doesn't mean he cannot make interesting maps, but he proved to be prone to mistakes. I suggest to find someone more who will conduct control over his work to ensure the game doesn't have any bug before releasing...
                            Should I report your evil-headed posts to someone here?

I can show those people the discussion where you tried to prove exactly just how bad I am..

To others:
                            This person is trying to make a personal Vendetta on me after an incident in one game, namely CGN 22, which he won by incredible treachery (which, of course made me pretty angry) and then claimed things which were simply funny to me (like being the "bestest" and somesuch ).

Ever since he has been making insulting posts and sending stupid mails just to make me angry or denote me.
                            I can provide numerous links if someone has deeper interest.

Once I tried to make a little bit of revenge on him (you know such persons usually shut up after first loss), but he disgraced himself by signing out of that game immediately.

You know, there always are some schoolboys around which want to improve their self confidence by annoying others..
                            Take EN and BlockHead as historic examples.

And yes, it is true those 2 games had a mistake, but I've created a bunch of other games since then and none had any such things in them.

However, if you decide to not take me as CMN I will accept your decision.
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

please provide "the links", binTravkin.

Comment

Working...
                              X