looking for a SMAC (NOT smacx) game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok with me

So is it PBEM or live on Thursday? If Grandpa Troll wants to join in that's fine by me, he just better decide quickly since we're going to be starting soon. Thursday should be ok with me if we play live, Lazerus what about you? If we play PBEM, we should start as soon as we know if Fleeda or Grandpa Troll are in or not.
    Arcainite

Comment

Vote for live on thursday
      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Not live and do I need a patch if so (#) what is it?

Let me know..can I get the patch (If necessary) from here?

Peace

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Get the v 4.0 smac patch here

(And Gramps - what faction do you want?)
          Last edited by Googlie; December 6, 2004, 21:36.

Comment

I will have an answer by this time tommorrow

i promise

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

With the time difference i seriously doubt i could go live with you guys on thursday, by the time you all finish work or whatever and we get around to starting it will be nigh on 11pm for me and then i need to be up at 6am for work myself.

Now if you're willing to get out of bed at 10 or 11 your time on a saturday so it would be a reasonable 3-4 pm for me then i would happily play IP for a few hours before i go out. Sunday i can play close to anytime and lastly i'm not doing anything this friday night so i don't mind staying up late then.
              Last edited by Lazerus; December 7, 2004, 13:27.
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I had better pass on this pbem for now..

I believe I will however install the game and play some and read up

I vaguely remember some techniques and tactics..

Thanks for opportunity..better wait a little for now

Gramps

Comment

Looks like we should make it PBEM

I don't want to lose anybody because it's live. We can try a live game another day.
                  Grandpa, you sure you don't want to join us? The hardest thing I've found is keeping track of your cities' growth so when you build a colony pod there you don't have to wait until your city can support the extra face (1 face represents 1000 people). Sometimes I forget and am stuck either having to change what I'm building or waiting until the growth rate catches up...
                  To me, that's the hardest part of the game, it's not very hard. Just remember to turn off numlock when you play...and have a goal in mind for technologies unless you play blind research, which can result in some less jaded outcomes. Something you think you can beat the other factions in getting even if it's not the "best" technology you want to be able to get some secret projects so play up to your strengths unless you get rich on energy quick...In which case...it might pay to "steal" technology by hurrying the research and beating the logical faction to it. That's always fun but you can't expect to do it unless you are rich on energy to Hurry the research.
                  Arcainite
                  PS - Really, I am not that good a player. I space my bases just so, Lazerus may remember I'm mizerly with my bases because I want them all to be just so...it always ends up killing me lol because they're too spread out.

Comment

Ok so lets get a pbem going, should be fun! Come back gramps I'm certainly not a great player just average!!

Comment

2101 has been sent to Arcainite, passwords have been sent to all

Temporary name is 3some

Comment

Temporary name: 3some

Turn order is:

Arcainite ...........Gaians
                        Lazerus .............Hive
                        dacole ................University

each of you has a friend and an implacable enemy among the AI factions, but they themselves are in a tangled weave of alliances and vendettas, so your diplo choices will be important.

The AI starts with pre-established bases (3 of them) while you start with 3 colony pods and a couple of scouts - so they will likely build up an early lead until your better skills make the difference.

The Empath Guild has been disabled

Here are the game rules:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks goog, do we start with comm links for the friend and implacable enemy? Also I assume all the standard rules apply here no contacting any of the other human players until you meet them in game, no using cheats or cheat strategies (we should decide if this includes putting the mineral to energy conversion after everything you build) ect. If I am wrong let me know!

Comment

steal tech with conquer base fr...ie...nd ?

I don't have a password in my email or poly inbox ?
                            I don't have the turn yet either so no hurry.

Thanks for the game Googlie

ps, yeah are we using the stockpile energy bug or not ? I don't mind allowing everybody to use it.
                            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

ah there we go, got the password.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X