looking for a SMAC (NOT smacx) game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a SMAC (NOT smacx) game

Hello I'm looking for a SMAC game starting next wendsday (if possile) perhaps three people and a large map. I would take the university. Also anyone care to moderate the game, perhaps add some interesting twists?
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Might be interested

But have plans Wednesday night. Need to know what time you were thinking of running this and I'm assuming it'd be a live ip game..only played in one of those and had a blast. Let me know what time and the time zone.
    Arcainite

Comment

Was actually thinking of an email game live games end up taking way to long... We could start it live if everyone agreed we could start on Thursday if you are available then. I am in the eastern time zone, North Carolina to be exact.

Comment

Hey Dacole + Arc
        I'm interested, will take the Hive. If you're playing IP it would have to be sunday for me, so pbem suits me abit better.
        I'm GMT if you're trying to arrange the zones.
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

ok just need a few more people, what ever happened to the last game we were in together lazerus (I think it was supposed to be a tournament game). Large map ok with both of you? Arc are you ok with a pbem. I am defending my thesis proposal on tuesday so can not set anything up until after then.

Comment

I've no idea, turn just never got back around to me. I don't know what large map is like with pbem, would it make it just too builder friendly? I've only played standard size.
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Sure, it can be PBEM

Was hoping it would be live but no problem. I know that bozo Lazerus already lol. He's cool.
              I'm from North Carolina too by the way! What are the odds! I think I'll play the Gaians.
              Arcanite@aol.com

Comment

ok we can go with standard then, where in North Carolina are you arcainite? That is amazeing! I'm in Winston-Salem myself

Comment

Let's get the game started

Are we waiting for another person to join or just us 3?
                  In answer to your question I'm in Durham, NC. If we're not waiting we should go ahead and get started asap since it's going to be by e-mail. If we want a 4th person, that swedish guy Fleeda was looking for games.
                  Arcainite

Comment

We just kicking off from scratch or getting a CMN to set things up ?

xxxKris_no1@hotmail.com -x's is my e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by dacole
                      Was actually thinking of an email game live games end up taking way to long... We could start it live if everyone agreed we could start on Thursday if you are available then. I am in the eastern time zone, North Carolina to be exact.
                      I live in Jacksonville (ONSLOW COUNTY) and have been thinking about SMAC..although its been a couple years at least so I would be little more than a whooping -boy (although at 45 I can run very far)

I play CTP & CIVIII and, as stated, am contemplating a PBEM match

Ill think about it and maybe install the game and have a go one day soon..

Thanks

Grandpa Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I will not be able to start until wendsday at least as I said before defending a doctoral proposal tommorw so have been working on that every waking moment for the past two weeks. Thursday will be good for starting live if you all like. A CMN might be nice I really don't have time to advertize for one so if you all could that would be great. Thanks!

Comment

I can set something up

dacole - University
                          Arcainite - Gaians
                          Lazerus - Hive

Standard map*. average everything, 50% to 70% waterworld (like Earth is)
                          Transcend level?

How strong do you want the AI to be?
                          • a pushover for the first faction to meet each
                          • a decent military threat in the early to middle game
                          • a strong military threat in the middle to end game
                          • a decent researcher/builder
                          • a combination of military competition (Sparta and Believers) and builder/researcher (PK's and Morgan)

Should the Empath Guild be disabled (it's a huge game-imbalancer - in PBEMs. 75% of the time the player snaring the EG wins the game)

* standard map means that you'll meet everyone fairly early into the game, will techswap like crazy, and get techs so fast that you'll rarely be able to build the accompanying infrastructure. Large or Huge maps are now the norm in PBEMs, esp as they give the AI a decent chance

Comment

I would go for a combination of military competition and builder/researcher I'm not sure exactly how the empath guild is so imbalancing I never build it really....but if you want disable it. I would prefer a large map if everyone else agrees, and make the AI military a strong threat in the middle to end game (perhaps they should have a slave builder?) Definitly Transcend level.

Thanks Googlie and I apologise for anything stupid our president did when he was in Canada recently (48% of us did not vote for him)

Comment

OK i'll give large or huge a try, my turns will take an hour later on and give me plenty to do lol

I'm not sure exactly how the empath guild is so imbalancing I never build it really
                              I don't mind if the EG is on or off. It saves you having to bother yourself to infiltrate everybody and almost assures you govt. (well aslong as you're pop is just above Lal's)

Heh don't make the AI too strong, my diplomacy with them isn't of the highest quality and i normally end up at war with every single one and i haven't played in rather a long time now .... plus they all hate the Hive lol
                              Hive vs super Santi - Miriam combo

Comment

Working...
                              X