No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, bugger. No wonder I received a stern PM then...
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Naughty Geo, so eager yet so naive.

I suggest you go to Honghu for a little discipline.

Comment

Cut it out with the Femdom or I'll show you what the Internet is really used for.

Comment

Stern PM Hmmm ...
          /me wonders what that is about ...
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Why the location change, Hong?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Hi, this is your friendly yet occasionally absent CMN

As some of you may already know, I'm moving to a new place this Thursday. Furinture and heavy boxes has been already taken care of last Saturday so it's just my clothes and my precious baby aka the 'puter.

Anyway as of June 30rd late evening GMT -8, I'll be without internet access at home until July 14th when I should have my DSL account activated. Why it takes them that long to do that, I don't know. But it's how it is.

Fear not, I will be able to continue to monitor you folks via my work computer. Just wanted to let you know since I'll be posting in my PBEMs about my not being able to play for a while.

Cheers!
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Turn 2123 to Honghu
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Happy moving day.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                    Why the location change, Hong?
                    Are location changes scary? Never looked it at that angel.

Btw turn sent to Geo a minute ago.

And happy moving Barinthus!
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Thanks. It's packing and unpacking I hate ha.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• At least Barinthus isn't playing turns.
                        /me stares angrily at those who hold the turn

Comment

• Keep holding the turn Geo, I'm kindof busy reading all the private forums.

Gotten In the last month I've read 7 private forums I think, with one more to go. Not counting the 5 currently active ones and the public forum. Alot of reading I admit.

Comment

• Are you obcessive or just incredibly bored?

Comment

• Both, but I think I'm more obessive than bored.

Comment

• It started off as a quiet day. Our UN Patrols were reporting no unusual activity as they explored, though one patrol did report that, in a certain light and from a certain angle, one of the rock formations they came upon appeared to spell out 'Thespian Ring'. Everyone back at base canteen had a laugh at that.

Did you meet an alien: 'Thespian Ring Home' Ha, ha

Or evidence of a past operatic / theatrical existence. The 'Thespian Ring Cycle', chuckle

Or one of those ancient ring tone thingies ' Well hello duckie'

It was all good humoured banter and in truth UN Recon 2110 squad enjoyed it. Meanwhile another patrol was glad to be back. UN Recon 2108 patrol had returned relatively unscathed. Relatively, well 4 of the unit had been killed outright following the encounter with the life forms but one survived. He really, really should not be alive.

All of the 4 dead and the survivor were quarantined by the Science team. They reported that it seems that when these creatures are met with, the mind attempts to enter into a self defence mode. Similar to the ice water emersion reflex. Most of the time, the assault is so swift and so precise in its terror imagery, the mind collapses/ implodes mentally, so to speak. But in some individuals, with the flight reaction, the mind jumps to a state of hypnotic trance. Here, it seems the mind, temporarily, inhabits a horror/pain free mental existence. Then chemicals attack the invading entity. So according to our scientists, the brain's chemical defences, given the opportunity and chemical barrier support, could fend off such alien life form mind attacks.

But our scientists discovered more than that. These endorphins and amino acid stimulators and suppressants could be induced in our bodies to produce the equivalent of anti bodies. In short our troops could be vaccinated to some extent. But, our scientists cautioned, the emphasis really is on some.

Well, you can well imagine the delight that raced through the whole faction. Suddenly research projects that had been set aside were back on the drawing board. There was a tremendous air of optimism. The team that had worked on the land terrain changing equipment felt that they were on the verge of installing an Industrial automated process.

What a beautiful day.
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X