No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the looks of things the two formers which you lost didn't really slow you down at all.

Comment

Perhaps they have left baby formers behind them.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Kody: You bet they slowed me down! My bases have spent a total of 6 base-turns working unimproved tiles.

I was travelling at a major pace. The loss of those 2 formers was a big impediment.
        I'll start picking up the pace again, but I imagine that I've lost at least 1 or 2 turns of turn advantage.

In my SP games (simulated from HoF terrain) I get to my 2122 state by 2120 if I didn't lose the formers.
        So effectively, I have a 2 turn delayed start.

Don't tell me a 2 turn delay is insignificant. It can cost you the game.

Comment

You're waaaaay ahead of anyone, and you speak of turn delay??!!
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Kody: You bet they slowed me down! My bases have spent a total of 6 base-turns
            My bases have spent +20 base-turns working unimproved titles. I'm still working some unimproved titles and will continue to work unimproved tiles for a while.

Comment

...and wouldn't you be p!ssed if you had to work those tiles for another 20?

I plan on exponential growth. Power-doubling in 7 turns means that if I take a 20% drop in power now, I'm set back 1-2 turns.

Considered relatively, that's a lot.
              Enough to delay the forests long enough to route my attempt at Laser Rovers.

Comment

Well generally terraforming seriously lags behind what you could use. That's why terraformer reactivation can give such a decisive advantage.

Comment

Yeah, and it was laggin' for 3 extra turns for me.

Comment

2122 to Kody...

I can't even build formers yet, so don't complain to me about losing two
                    Play hangman.

Comment

Turn to Believers 2122

From the looks of things, the talk in this thread was only because we were all killing time waiting for the next DG to happen.

Comment

Year of Eden 21 -> PKs
                        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                        -BBC news

Comment

Kody:
                          Or at least killing time until
                          OUR POSTS ARE FREAKIN' UPLOADED!
                          DAMN 'Poly is a piece of **** today.

Comment

A question: what is considered contact ingame? I spotted a unit from another faction but appearantly he/she didn't spotted me in his/her turn. Am I allowed to engage in diplomatic contact then or not?
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Nope you need to move a unit next to them. That's how the game treats it.

Comment

Yea Poly's having her hiccups alright. Though I only posted one post yesterday I think, and she accepted it graciously.

I think if you have contact in game, you'll see truce after that faction's name in the dip window.
                                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X