Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kody
    Also just because there's two suns doesn't mean that both can't set.
    Of course they both can set. What do you think the volumatic documentaries of double down was about?!!
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
      Well actually one thing that geomodder mentioned was that Alpha Centuari B would only be a bright dot. Which kindof suggested that if Alpha Centauri A was set B would be only the equalivant of a moon in brightness?
      If we are talking about brightness, while Alpha Centauri A was about 1.54 times of the brightness of our sun, Alpha Centauri is only 0.44 times of it. However, it is a star. It generates heat/energy/light, unlike the moon, which only reflects lights. And the bright dot theory is very much doubtful too, if you ask me.

[Reference] http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/...-Centauri.html
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• 2118 to Kody!
        Play hangman.

Comment

• Good grief, I remember that page. Readed it a year of two ago. Seems like I forgot quite some things...

But the bright dot 'theory' stays sound, HongHu. An object measuring about a million km across over a distance of 1,5 billion km won't appear as a disc. It's about the same distance as Saturn is from our sun, and we don't see that planet (nor it's rings) as more then a dot in the nightsky. Granted that Saturn is about 10 times smaller then Alpha Centauri B, but that doesn't make the difference for our eyes.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Turn to Chaos Theory 2118

Comment

• Darn it if only I was 8 minutes earlier in posting the turn. If only I hadn't checked everyone votes, checked the power graph, and sent the diplomatic messages after I sent the turn. ChaosTheory would have gotten the turn before he left.

Comment

• Everyone's votes? What are you talking about?
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Yes he is that diligent. (Votes means pops Geo)

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• There was a quiet knock on the door.

“Come in”

Xavier walked in and looked around.

“Am I disturbing you?”

“No not really”, I replied. “I was only trying to track the bureaucracy drones. It’s getting too difficult tracking the movement of people now, so for the next three bases we won’t have the exact demographics we need to know when to insert drone control”.

“You can always nervestaple a rioting base like you did with Spartan Command”

I glared at him. “That was Santiago’s call, I only suggested it”, I said quietly. “I’m not sure if I could go through with it again.”

“I’ll do it then”, Xavier offered cheerfully.

I got frustrated for a moment before realising it was badly made offer of help.

“Anyway I don’t think we can risk losing the trade income if we nervestaple another base”, I explained.

There was a long pause, and I listened to the grandfather clock ticking in the corner. Xavier looked uncomfortable and it was obviously he wanted to tell me something, because he kept breathing in like he was going to speak before letting the breath out awkwardly.

“There’s something that Santiago forgot to tell you…”, Xavier paused again and I watched him fidgeting with his hostler.

“Kody I need you to deal with this person”, the strident overtones in the voice marked it unmistakeably as Santiago. It was the first time I had heard from her for months.

There was a crackle as the communicator switched frequencies.

“...YOU think that you can THREATEN MY FACTION and demand energy and technology simply by POINTING A GUN at my citizens. YOU are SADLY MISTAKEN...!”, the words poured out of the speaker. Great, I thought to myself. Santiago has met another faction.

“Who is this”, I asked politely into the speaker.

“Who the heck are you”, was the tense reply.

I looked up to Xavier for support, but he was gone.
                    Last edited by Kody; June 19, 2004, 09:07.

Comment

• My ISP's gone to ****, so (posting from a netcafe) expect turn delays.

Comment

• It's okay,

Hey this is really going to chew into your 3-4 hour turn rate.

Comment

• I must say, you make the best of the Spartan advantage, Kody...

Wonder what will come out of that crackling receiver when finally you catch up with me...
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I think the reason I'm meeting people so fast is there's no pods to pop.
                            So I'm just heading straight into black rather than searching for pods.

Comment

• The tone of the response makes quite clear who Santiago has bumped this time...
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Oh goodie, Rovers at the door.

Comment

Working...
                                X