Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn to angels!

Comment

• the hot potato's in Geo's hands now - btw thanks for taking care of lal Reminds me of that guy from GI Joe... the Serpentor or something like that
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Year 2110

Explosions, weapons firing, and anguished screamings of the wounded filled the air as Bouchard watched the video feed from an airborne drone hovering above the last remaining Atheist Resistance Movement stronghold.

At the dawn, the Christian States troops bombarded the base using their heavy weapon units followed up by multi-pronged assaults by their elite Apostle light infantry squads. When the sun has arrived into its highest peak of the day, there was nothing left of the base except for burning structures and charred bodies.

All to save his own skin.

"As you can see, Mister Bouchard, Atheist Resistance Movement is no longer with us. I sincerely hope this will enable you to completely focus your energy into your new position at Morgan Industries. I appericate your cooperation in eliminating that group and I know that the Christian States of America does too. Now that the old South is completely pacified, the Christians are prepared to seal the deal in which the Industries will obtain contracts to rebuild the area. This is a win-win situation for us all although you may not see it right now. A man of your intelligence will come to realize this was for the best in time, I am confident. Meanwhile I am giving you few days off so you can recollect yourself and be refreshed for your next assignment," the voice of the Director boomed behind him.

How Bouchard desired to turn around and strangle the Director who was standing behind him but the knowledge that there were guards in the room and that his head would be gone the second he jump at Morgan kept him in check.

Aeolus sighed as his familiar nightmares paid him a visit. There was a time he would be tormented by those memories but now he has since then became accustomed to it. It'd be nice to have them gone for good although.

"Aeolus? I think you need to come and see this for yourself," Ahmed pulled Aeolus back to reality.

"Mmm? Ok I'm coming."

Few moments later...

Ahmed had led Aeolus to a crude barrack where all scouts slept and trained. In the meeting room, there was a bloodied man surrounded by two nurses. The man was rocking and mumbling to himself. It took a while for Aeolus to recongize the man under the mask of dried blood. It was Earl Thompson, the leading officer of the scout patrol that was sent south to explore the coastline there. A good man and competent one too.

"His patrol just came in few hours from the south and more than half did came back dead," Ahmed explained, "At the first Thompson was hysterical but he has since then claimed down sufficently to talk. That's why we decided to summon you so you can hear about what happen firsthand." Gesturing to the officer, he encouraged "Please tell Aeolus what you saw."

"Aeolus... it was horrible. We never knew what hit us... the pain... in our heads...," Thompson sobbed, "We couldn't tell where it was from, inside of us or outside. Some of us turned on each other. We were killing each other! Then they came, oh God I'm so sorry! My men dead... the pain so unbearable...." the officer broke down crying hysterically.

The sensation of dread sank into Aeolus as he heard the story. "What came? Who attacked you?" he queried.

The officer simply pointed toward a crate. Ahmed walked across to the crate, "Thompson and his remaining scouts had enough wits with them to bring this. According to them, this was what attacked their party." He then opened the crate exposing a mass of stickly pink worm-like flesh.

"What are those?" Aeolus gulped, "Those are dead right?"

"Apparently yes and we don't know what those are. Jill is dissenting a speciman right now in her lab. So far it seems that we're not the only ones here on this Planet," Ahmed replied grimly.

"Good, have Ms. Davies make her report as soon she is ready to do so. We must know as much we can of this place if we are to survive," turning to Thompson, Aeolus told him "You did the best you could. I know it's difficult but you must know you did the best under the cirumstances. You're to be placed on a medical so you can rest and recover but we will hold your position for you."

Half hour later...

Aeolus sat down at his table in his room at the pod. What is happening here? Last year we found those strange monoliths and then we picked up the broadcast from Sankis Furysomething whatever. Nautilus government?!? We're wrestling life from the dirt here and someone else already have a government!?!

Sighing, he thought to himself, never again. You hear me, Morgan?!? Never again! Those people are my responsibility and I will see it that they survive!
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• How did you know I was cooking, Aeolus?

/me gestures upwards.

Mmm, I seem to like reading 2 stories in 1 post...

Turn 2110 on to Rubin
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The faction was threatened by a shism.
            Everybody agreed that the closest mainland was too dangerous for settlement because of the numerous fungal pops. Even a fungal tower was destroyed some years earlier before the scouts learned how to handle this atrocious lifeform. But now, new land was found, and first reports indicated that it was not only free of the dangerous fungus, but rich in uranium deposits as well. Enough to cover the energy demands of the faction for the decades to come.
            On top of that, the foil scouting it discovered that it was separated from any huge landmass by broad sea channels. No danger of biological contamination was possible in the far future, thus land was found that could be settled without risking much!

The people who pressed the colonisation of this newfound land were a rather small group, but very vocal. It was all good and well that in the early years the sea proved a lot safer then the nearby continent, but people aren't meant to live undersea the whole time, hiding away from the sun as a bat clipped of his wings. Still, enough people trusted the choosen council chairman enough to let her lead the debate over this issue, despite her well-known preferences in this matter.

So in the end it came down to a representative council consisting of speakers for every group which had an interest in this. The arguments pro -and contra were repeated, heated debates were held between people of opposing opinions, and all was listened to by Gwynn Elevea for making a final proposal. She did not decide solely on her own feelings, but asked questions to the people very close to her as well.

So, on MY 100403,2217, she told her ideas to an awaiting council and, after a stunned moment, was received with a loud approval of about all present.
            Her proposal held in that no bases would be found on the new land, but only small villages/stations for research. Further more the land wasn't to be disturbed more then necessary by agriculture or industry. Only forests would be planted and allowed to thrive. The stations and villages were proposed to become future centres for recreation on this land, so people could enjoy as much to their hearts content of unspoiled land as they wished.

Needless to say, the population was thrilled by this almost Solomon-alike idea, and people pressed even more for Elevea to become the facto leader of their little society.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
              How did you know I was cooking, Aeolus?

* GeoModder gestures upwards.

Mmm, I seem to like reading 2 stories in 1 post...

Turn 2110 on to Rubin
              Me? Oh just a lucky guess.

A mental note to self, better reward the Gamma probe team very generously for their first success.

Same here, I really enjoy reading those stories. I hope to post my own every other few turns but naturally it'd depend on the Muses.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Humanitarian Lal killing fellow officer Santiago, I could write about Lal something. Maybe I will repair his image somehow. I think though he may play hard on you
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• 2111 to Sankis.

Comment

• 2111 to Aeolus

Comment

• 2111 to Geo
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by mart7x5
                        Humanitarian Lal killing fellow officer Santiago, I could write about Lal something. Maybe I will repair his image somehow. I think though he may play hard on you
                        Com'on Mart, look at his graphics. The guy obviously has hidden depths. And when in a game I have to fight off a 'peacefull' Lal for the nth times because I'm too strong, I just know his 'dominion' agenda.

Edit:

Ahum, Aeolus. What did you try to do? probing a mindworm 2 times or what? (Reload)

Turn 2111 to Rubin, who I'm asking to further research this anomaly.
                        Last edited by GeoModder; April 4, 2004, 07:26.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The ceremony found place on the 10th anniversary of Planetfall for the faction.

A large majority of the citizens had choosen for this governmental setup, especially in light of the character of their beloved leader.

The honors were for her husband, Geo. The coupple had proven over the years that their idealistic/realistic partnership were a good combination to let the faction prosper.

The coronation didn't took long, not much time could be spared even for such an important event, but at the end of it Chiron had it's first queen.

The faction, from now on called the Atlanteans, had become an monarchy.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ahum, Aeolus. What did you try to do? probing a mindworm 2 times or what? (Reload)
                            Oh I forgot to bring that up . When I opened the save, all of my units already 'moved.' Basically I lost a turn. It may have something to do with the fact that I accidently open 2110 first.

So I extracted again from that zip file Sankis sent and opened it up again. This time, I was able to play the turn.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

.... The guy obviously has hidden depths. And when in a game I have to fight off a 'peacefull' Lal for the nth times.....
                              I agree. His little secret will be nice plot in this story. It is that it was was very radical, something I could suspect Santiago. Looks like sheep ate wolf this time
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest
                              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• To Sankis.

Comment

Working...
                                X