No announcement yet.

User Created Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map I made for the game between vyeh and bodissey at WPC.
    Attached Files
    I got scolded in Bold letters by Iluminatus.
    That makes me sad. :(

I can't use smilies in my signature that makes me even more sad. :(

Comment

Some idea for a balanced map is to create all continents of the same shape, altitude level, resources, etc... the same. Particular elevations, e.g. 100 meters or 200 meters above sea level will be most probably different. I'm not sure if moisture patterns will also be always the same.

Re 5 player map, how about wide map, but vertically short. Something maybe 80x64. Players would be aligned in equator, having 2 neighbors each, one to the left and one to the right. And all the same continent shape. It would be cylindrical map, connecting on sides.

I tried something like that already. First it was random generating map, then bringing it to all land, then removing all rivers, all rockiness everywhere, etc. then lowering it again to deep ocean - to make it uniform level. After that the same exactly actions should be done 5 times in exact positions for all 5 factions. E.g. rise terrain to level 4, expand NE, etc. The same goes with rockiness, to get it uniform.
      Rivers would be a bit of a problem - there seem to be some randomness, as reported by someone before.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Petek View Post
        Lag has been present throughout the game, but is increasing. Currently, after ending a turn, it takes 10 minutes to regain control.
        I only played the large map like 5 turns, so never got to such large lags.

Have you tried anything helping the processor? Do you run the game on multicore?
        How about memory, is it significant compared to physical RAM you have?
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

I just checked the save on 2 core machine.
          RAM used by terranx.exe, around 350 MB
          When processing a turn, one core was going to 95-100%, the second was 0-5%.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
          X