No announcement yet.

Project: Apolyton Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed #endgame, indeed. I've been away for a few days, but I'll start posting the initial list of changes included after Christmas is over.

Tested and verified changes:

-Replaced opening menu.wav with new opening menu music by MatthewH86.
    -Added 24 new land base names for The Lord's Believers
    -Added 32 new land base names and 7 new sea base names for Data Angels
    -Added 6 new land base names for The University of Planet
    -Added 6 new land base names for Gaia's Stepdaughters
    -Added 3 new land base names for The Human Hive
    (sadly I've temporarily misplaced all but two of my papers with new base names)
    -Contains 21-06-2004 Solstice challenge (all versions) by Chaos Theory
    -Contains 21-06-2005 Solstice challenge (all versions) by Chaos Theory
    -
    Last edited by Illuminatus; January 1, 2006, 12:48.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

So is this thing still going? Can I help?
      Its all just zeroes and ones.

Comment

Paused until I sort all my exams. I was tinkering with movies and voices before I took a break.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Dammit. Well, keep us posted. And good luck with the exams!
          Its all just zeroes and ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
            Paused until I sort all my exams. I was tinkering with movies and voices before I took a break.
            What do you need to know about those? Perhaps I know the answer.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I've noticed that ModMan is broken for me. I'm pretty sure that I need to make checks so it runs properly on both Win9x and Win2KXP.

If people would be so kind as to give me information about their OS here:

I'd appreciate it.
              #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
              #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

What do you need to know about those? Perhaps I know the answer.
                I'll inform you when I resume the work within a week.

Comment

About Data angels:
                  What a pity you can't change Covert Ops Center to +1 probe... would benefit all factions! (fundy + covert ops)

I think what comes the nearer to the current Data Angels abilities with +1 Probe is:
                  ROBUST, PROBE => When running knowledge, DA will get 1-2/2=0 , it's exactly the same that when they had +2 : 2-2=0
                  and
                  PROBECOST 50 instead of PROBECOST 75 : compensates the loss of +1 probe morale and the cost of enemy probe actions divided by 4/3 (2 to 1.5 when PROBE +2 to +1).

IMHO it compensates the PROBE bug very well without giving the DA the overwhelming probe immunity (they always can run fundy if they want it before PSA...)

Comment

the angels will always suffer from probe rollover, I just tried giving them +1 probe, with psa their bases were imune to mind control (+3), but there units weren't (only +1) if they ran fudy and had psa, units couldn't be subverted, but bases (including the units that would normaly be taken with the base) could be subverted
                    Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

Of course, but +1 is still better than +2, since now they CAN run fundy and get the probe bonus... with PSA their units were never supposed to be immune anyway without fundy, it's just that now after-PSA they must choose between being offensive: +3 probe units, +0 bases , or defensive : +1 probe units +3 bases. Sure they can't have +4/+4 as it was intended with fundy/after PSA, but at least they have the compensation of 3/2 reduced probe action cost (from 0.75 to 0.5)... maybe to offset even further this disadvantage we might reduce PROBECOST to 33-45, but it might become too powerful in the mid-late game when you start having lot of cash...
                      (also with +1 they can beneficially use thought control later in the game...)

Comment

the main point is probe rollover has to be fixed, not the angels
                        Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

But since we can't fix rollover, we could fix the angels instead, since they have the biggest problem with it.
                          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Working...
                          X