Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would make an AI go:

?*/FM**/Wealth/Thought Control

* - means it will mostly be taking default option, but Fundy at wartime.

** - It will take FM because -3 planet which translates into "+3" 'opinion'.

If you want the AI to take Police State and also not FM, you need:

Code:
    Economics, Planned, POLICE
    Politics, Democracy, nil
    Now it will be going

Police State/Planned/Thought Control/?*

* - depends on how agressive it is and on phase of the game, but if you want to alter it, use the free aversion slot.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Why would it take FM instead of Planned when FM doesn't give any benefit to Industry but Planned does? Would it do it simply because of my Planet aversion?

I can see why it would take Wealth because it gives a +1 bonus to Industry.

How about this?

Future Society, Thought Control, INDUSTRY
      Politics, Democracy, ECONOMY

If I understand correctly, the AI will pick Planned, Police State (possibly Fundy), Knowledge or Wealth, and Thought Control.

I am not sure about the Knowledge or Wealth because both are at 0 level for Benefit/Aversion. How will it decide?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks for the Morganic advice
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Why would it take FM instead of Planned when FM doesn't give any benefit to Industry but Planned does? Would it do it simply because of my Planet aversion?
          Planned = +1 INDUSTRY
          FM = -3 PLANET

Your preference is INDUSTRY, so Planned recieves +1 'opinion'.
          Your aversion is PLANET, so FM recieves -(-3) = +3 'opinion'.
          Which one is bigger?

Economics, Planned, POLICE
          Politics, Democracy, nil
          = Police State/Planned/Thought Control/Knowledge|Power*

*Depends on agressiveness - bigger(1) = power, smaller(-1 or 0) = knowledge, wartime = power

Future Society, Thought Control, INDUSTRY
          Politics, Democracy, ECONOMY
          =indifferent*/Planned/Thought Control/Knowledge**

*you disable Democracy - AIs favourite choice in peacetime, so it will most probably take default at peace and Fundy at wartime.

**Power has -2 INDUSTRY, thus -2 'opinion'

Your last example is kinda 'makeshift' because it makes the pushes to incorrect directions.
          Few hints:

1.Make aversions/preferences on SE effect a common choice.
          It is always better to put a INDUSTRY bonus if you want to get Planned/Eudaimonic/Wealth or ECONOMY if FM/Eudaimonic/Welath than anything else.
          That way you shoot 3 ducks with one shot.
          Your aversion of economy does very little to improve the situation in this particular case.

2.Do not use Future Societie's as preferred ones -they're too far in game to not be a wasted slot.

Please compare my example and yours. I think mine fits better for:
          1.Avoiding Demo
          2.Avoiding Green
          3.Going for Police and Though Control
          And you get one free aversion slot in case you want to put a stronger emphasis on something, as I stated:
          * - depends on how agressive it is and on phase of the game, but if you want to alter it, use the free aversion slot.
          Thanks for the Morganic advice
          No prob.
          ONe day I'll write guide on SMAC SE definitions as it seems I've the only one who've tested them thoroughly and know who is who..
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

=indifferent*/Planned/Thought Control/Knowledge**

*you disable Democracy - AIs favourite choice in peacetime, so it will most probably take default at peace and Fundy at wartime.

**Power has -2 INDUSTRY, thus -2 'opinion'

Your last example is kinda 'makeshift' because it makes the pushes to incorrect directions.
            Actually, this is the closest to what I actually want which is a researching industrial warmonger.

Also, does the AI factor in support as a detriment to INDUSTRY? I assume not since you list it as indifferent. I mean, if you are a police state, you can support more troops and it doesn't hinder your production whereas a demo and fundy, it does.

Comment

While anything is possible, the AI is dumb, and I wouldn't expect it to link the effects of support and industry.
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

There are only a couple of things AI rates and they're INDUSTRY, ECONOMY and the 'green', 'thought control' and 'fundy' SE choices.

INDUSTRY is AIs early game objective, but it is far weaker than your set of preferences/aversions.

ECONOMY is late game (meaning over 2200) objective, and is also far weaker than your set of preferences/aversions

The 3 SE slots I named AI links to being:
                'green' - 'lotsa fungus around' choice
                'fundy' and 'thought control' - 'Im at war' choices

The example above where Maniac didn't have his AI acting for his liking was a good one.
                The Morganic AI avoided the 'green' slot even if the choice there is not 'Green' anymore but something called different and with different effects.

This is also far weaker than your preference/aversion set.

Comment

So the conclusion is the AI is very stupid. I can't wait until Civ IV is modded to SMAX. I hope thier AI will be better.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                    The 3 SE slots I named AI links to being:
                    'green' - 'lotsa fungus around' choice
                    'fundy' and 'thought control' - 'Im at war' choices

The example above where Maniac didn't have his AI acting for his liking was a good one.
                    The Morganic AI avoided the 'green' slot even if the choice there is not 'Green' anymore but something called different and with different effects.
                    Actually as far as I can tell from what I've seen the AI do, I doubt that Private/Protectionist being on Green economics' previous spot has anything to do with it. While Morgan refused to run Private/Protectionist, all other factions capable of getting +1 energy/square are more than willing to run Protectionist, and the amount of fungus around doesn't seem to matter.

Likewise, in war a Unitary Police State (placed on the Police State spot) seems to be the preferred AI politics choice, and not Federal Police State, placed on Fundy's spot.

Regarding the Future Society line, replaced in SMAniAC with the Society line with options Cybernetic, Anthropocentric & Green, the AI often seems to prefer Anthropocentric (+2 Growth, +1 Morale, -3 Planet) in both war and peace.

Comment

Yes, the 'tilt' done by the 'spot thoughts' of an AI is very small as an effect, but I think at least SmackSim once confrmed that AIs with lotsa fungus around are somehow attracted to the rightmost slot in the Economics field.

Your SE values are big enough for most factions to ignore this effect, Morgan, however, needed a little push to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        I would suggest replacing the Private/Free Trade line with something else. Since he goes for Economy, he'll switch to Free Trade anyway due to the Economy value, but I think there's more chance he'll take Private/Protectionist first if he comes to it without being 'eager' for Free Trade.
                        I switched Morgan's preference to Plutocrat and now he runs Private/Protectionist.

Comment

Working...
                        X