Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SMAC players that could gve a Civ 5 review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SMAC players that could gve a Civ 5 review?

Hello again Apolyton, long time no see. I still love SMAC/X and play it, but I recently heard about Civ 5. I am sure there are hundreds of relentlessly positive fanboi reviews out there, but I am wondering what the more discerning eye of a SMAC fanatic sees.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

I can't be bothered writing a review beyond:

Civ V cured me of a 19 year addiction to Civilization. So you want cured?

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
      I can't be bothered writing a review beyond:

Civ V cured me of a 19 year addiction to Civilization. So you want cured?
      I am less worried about being cured, and more worried about pissing away $30 (like I did with Civ 3).

So, out of Civ 3, 4, and 5, which would you say was the best?
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Civ 4 BTS, particularly back when tonnes of cool people were playing multiplayer.

Comment

For the record...
          It finally occurred to me to just go grab the demo. Although you really can't form a proper opinion in the paltry 100 turns they give you, my distilled take on Civ 5 is...ugh. Yep, it looks like another steamer designed with the lowest common denominator in mind.

Comment

On large or huge maps the game essentially stops working in the later stages of the game. Don't bother with it.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Civ 5 was so boring, I never made it into the feudal age. Livid's assessment mirrors my own.

Comment

Working...
              X