Scripting terraform macros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripting terraform macros?

Since starting with Gaians, some years ago, I've found that covering my lands with forrests suits my economic and aesthetic needs best. Would it not be possible to implement a feature akin to 'auto-remove fungus' >> 'auto-plant forrests'? It should let the former plant forrests, preferable restricted to home base teritory because of crashing due to weird pathing. It should also level rocky squares, remove fungus.

I've been searching the internets for a while, but I haven't come up with anything really.

Isn't there a text-file setting I could adjust to make auto-improve home base build forests, remove fungus/rock?

Great gratitude in advance for any solutions/pointers

I think that you're asking whether there's a way to have your own formers plant more forests. If so, the answer is "Yes". Simply stop automating them. This is a serious suggestion. Most, if not all, experienced players never automate formers since the result is so poor. (That's for land formers. It's reasonable to automate sea formers.)

If that's too much micromanagement for you, try controlling each former when first created and plant a forest or two within your base radius. Then automate.

Some modders have tried to find ways to encourage the AI to plant more forests. One way to do so is to impose tech requirements for, say, building mines. This thread gives more details. Someone in that thread also reported that doing this also results in your own (automated) formers planting more forests.

HTH

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks for the link, perhaps I can work something up from there Seems like the CPU players get affected by this as well, but all forests can't be that bad for them, as they make a mess of things anyways.

Microing all my formers isn't really compatible with my current play style, as I like to have 100+ cities, then cover all my land in a nice forrest with rivers and a few roads in case I need fast transport.

Comment

Working...
      X