Fixing SMACX Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Darth T

See Unofficial Patch thread over at Civ Gaming Network, it's attached at bottom of first post.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Another bug here!

So I go with a former in a jungle square, and I terraform up. When the land goes up, the jungle vanishes from the former's square! was this fixed?

Comment

• I don't know if that counts as a bug. I always regarded it as pretty realistic that the jungle would deteriorate.

Comment

• A borehole remains if the square is elevated, when perhaps it shouldn't. But I wouldn't have a problem if jungle remained.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Uranium flats also don't survive being raised up.

Comment

• Another bug here

The save where it's all about is attached. It's about the trance scout patrol that must be moved.

I dont move it just yet, but I talk to the Gaians, exchanging base 39 (the homebase of the trance unit) with another of their bases. Then, the trance scout vanishes!

Now I must say that the AI is pretty stupid. Just look at the Gaian base "The Flowers Preach": they work a square that gives them 3 minerals, and they have another un-worked square which is rocky and is terraformed with a mine, that would give them 4 minerals.
              Attached Files

Comment

• That is the standard in SMAC, that the 'feature' terrain zones are removed when you change elevation barcket, allies to the jungle bonus, uranium flats, Garland crater, geothermal zone, Pholus ridge, nexus, etc.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• For anyone interested in saying hi to scient, he is currently reading posts at CGN.
                  Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• Does everyone know about this AI patch for original SMAC? It forks off Scient's patch.
                    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                      Does everyone know about this AI patch for original SMAC? It forks off Scient's patch.
                      You mean: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...(AI-experiment)

4th thread in this sub-forum and started by Kyrub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                        It forks off Scient's patch.
                        Well, I am not particularly proud to have hijacked scient's work. At the time, I thought he has abandoned his patch, so I used it as a springboard for my AI attempts. Bug fixes were not a priority for me, so it was most convenient. If I knew he was coming back, I'd avoid this kind of action, it's not very nice to mess with someone's work.

Long story short, full kudos to scient for his pioneer work. My patch is just an attempt, a game variant, let's say. If someone finds it interesting, good for her/him.

Comment

• If someone knows if Scient is alive and kicking (fixing bugs) somewhere in this universe, then there seems to be a save of the "freeing a faction leader messes things up" bug here : link
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• @kyrub: I really have no issue with folks using my patched exe's as long as credit is given (which you do). It would be silly to not utilize bug fixes I've already done or expect someone to have to do all patches on their own when someone else has already done it. Although I would of preferred if readme was included or even just txt file with a link to it on CGN/WPC. Also, you were right to roll back 2048 limit fix since it causes buffer overflow (overwriting string table) leading to crash. Going to roll it back myself until I can get around to messing with potential yet pita solution I've concluded is only way to safely increase max limits on various things. I'd be interested in chatting with you sometime about some of your bug fixes. CC one I've already sorted for most part but some of others I haven't done might be nice addition to base unofficial patch if you have no objections.

@Blackcat: Petek already alerted me on CGN and sorted.

Comment

• Originally posted by scient View Post
                              @kyrub: I really have no issue with folks using my patched exe's as long as credit is given (which you do).
                              Good. I would not be so kind to someone else doing this with my work, without asking first. Thanks.

I'd be interested in chatting with you sometime about some of your bug fixes. CC one I've already sorted for most part but some of others I haven't done might be nice addition to base unofficial patch if you have no objections.
                              If some parts can make it into your patch, I'm honoured . The corrections are few, but they spoiled my game, so I searched for them. I also had the infamous psycho-facilities bug on target, but I was unable to finish the fix at the time. Maybe you could do it. Chat: I'm afraid I've frozen in the email communication age but IIRC we may chat through skype. I'll PM the adresses.

Comment

• Ok, that sounds good. I rarely use email but I do have skype/gtalk/wlm and of course the smac irc chan. If you send me skype id will add you.

Comment

Working...
                                X